The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Here's a link which says social media makes us less productive and more creative... click here http://www.blogher.com/whoa-social-media-changes-our-brain?from=comments

I agree to this that social media does lessen our productivity and also mars the quality of work. Even in many organizations, social networking sites are blocked..but does it still stop or prevent people from using social media. Now every one owns a smart phone with internet connectivity. So blocking sites in office doesn't really help. What is your take on this issue?
I view social media in different perspective, I find it more engaging and more creative like, Google+ where I can find tags to reach to different popular topics, in FB generally I prefer watching events, twitter for sharing links and so on.

All your points are valid, different social media sites prove to be useful in different way and serve different purpose. But do you feel that if you are allowed to use social media at work be it at home ( as in work from home scenario) or at your work place will affect your productivity?

If I work from home, social media will boost up my productivity unlike working in the work place.
Here's a link which says social media makes us less productive and more creative... click here http://www.blogher.com/whoa-social-media-changes-our-brain?from=comments

I agree to this that social media does lessen our productivity and also mars the quality of work. Even in many organizations, social networking sites are blocked..but does it still stop or prevent people from using social media. Now every one owns a smart phone with internet connectivity. So blocking sites in office doesn't really help. What is your take on this issue?
I view social media in different perspective, I find it more engaging and more creative like, Google+ where I can find tags to reach to different popular topics, in FB generally I prefer watching events, twitter for sharing links and so on.

All your points are valid, different social media sites prove to be useful in different way and serve different purpose. But do you feel that if you are allowed to use social media at work be it at home ( as in work from home scenario) or at your work place will affect your productivity?

If I work from home, social media will boost up my productivity unlike working in the work place.

Yes, we have already discussed about the brighter side and benefits of working from home and be able to use social media to our benefit. To me social media such a FB is not as useful, but LinkedIn which features many informative articles, blogs, etc can be used to boost our knowledge and work both.

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

Yes, we have already discussed about the brighter side and benefits of working from home and be able to use social media to our benefit. To me social media such a FB is not as useful, but LinkedIn which featuresy many informative articles, blogs, etc can be used to boost our knowledge and work both.

LinkedIn is a good source for the future employees, where your personal excellence is widely exposed to different employers and organizations.

Yes, we have already discussed about the brighter side and benefits of working from home and be able to use social media to our benefit. To me social media such a FB is not as useful, but LinkedIn which features many informative articles, blogs, etc can be used to boost our knowledge and work both.

LinkedIn is a good source for the future employees, where your personal excellence is widely exposed to different employers and organizations.

Twitter on the other hand serves little to no purpose for me..I am not sure how can we really use it to our benefit unless I were a celebrity and wished to update people about my goings on.

Twitter on the other hand serves little to no purpose for me..I am not sure how can we really use it to our benefit unless I were a celebrity and wished to update people about my goings on.

LinkedIn is the best. Next to it Twitter comes.

Mere goggling particular topics is also beneficial, but simply updating or following someone on twitter looks ridiculous to me.

Mere goggling particular topics is also beneficial, but simply updating or following someone on twitter looks ridiculous to me.

Stumbleupon is equally good.
I think the topic is quite exhausted and is now leading to a discussion we all recently had or continue to have in another similar thread. Hence locking the thread now, thank you all for your insightful responses! :)

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.