I would not know how many members would have visited Coimbatore city.  It has all the makings of a huge metro, which it will become in just under ten years goo.

Barring April and Ma, the climate here is simply superb.  Thousands of people from the rest of Tamil Nadu, and a huge number from the other three South Indian States study here in at least ten very famous Engineering colleges, that have standards equal to the IITs in one way or the other.

I often wonder, how can this become the second Bangalore of India?  It has all the potential, but the IT crowd is still not huge.  It was expected to be huge, but the IT park, is just about Okay.

What can be done to improve this City?  Those who have already been to this city, or have heard about it, please do present your views.

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

I belong to Coimbatore but living in Chennai. I miss the cool and chill climate. Chennai will be very hot in April and May but Coimbatore gets Kerala monsoon rainfall those periods. Coimbatore is very popular for its climate and educational institutions. In Chennai  without electricity for 1 hour people will get sweat but in Coimbatore climate you did not get much sweat during power cuts. Coimbatore fully depends on mills and yarn markets. Very few It companies are operating in Coimbatore. Tidel park opened in Coimbatore but not fully functional one. Actually the Tidal park inaugurated by DMK period so the AIADMK govt is not showing much interest towards that. IN DMK period they organised "Semmozhi Manadu". They planned to bring IT companies more but the plan is dropped by the current government. All most in all places except Chennai there will be a power cut for 8 hours. It is also one of the reasons.

The next Bangalore would be Visakhapatnam as a hub if IT. As it has been already earmarked for making Visakhapatnam as the IT hub. And a smart city too.

Palghat and Coimbatore are the Kerala Tamil Nadu boarders and have a lot of daily connections. From Palghat, whenever somebody is looking for an industrial item that is urgent but difficult to get, we will send him immediately to Coimbatore, because we know that everything is available there and that too at very reasonable rate. But the main problem I have heard about Coimbatore is regarding electricity; they experience power cut for hours and hours. I don’t know whether the situation has improved now or not.    

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.