Tiruchirapalli is a land of quite a few temples -- the Ranganathar temple at Srirangam, the Vayalur temple of Lord Muruga and the famous Rock Fort temple.

Rock fort is right in the center of the city.  It is very near the town bus stand called the Chatram Bus stand.  From here, you can take buses to Coimbatore, Karur and so on.  You can also hundreds of town buses to the Tiruchi junction and so on.  So, if you plan to stay near the Railway Station, just hop into one of the buses that will take you straight to the Chatram bus stand.  From here, walk a few steps along side a big pond that has a temple at the center and you will reach the foot of the Rock Fort temple.

The Lord Vinayaga temple, is the equivalent of what is called Ganesh temple in North India.  It is the same God.  The temple is situated on top of a natural rock.  The temple itself must be more than fifty years old, at the minimum. 

From the top of the Temple, you can see the City on all the four sides.  The beautiful river Cauvery flows through this city.

Please do not spend on autos, as the drivers tend to fleece tourists who do not know Tamil, particularly the North Indians.

Tiruchirapalli is one of the hottest places in India, with the climate being hot, hotter and hottest.  So, please visit this temple before 7AM, or after 6PM, when it becomes a little cool. 

Please be careful with the vendors, who will simply charge a premium for the special pooja, and it is fine to consult anyone knowing English, in the local population.  Such people will help you out.

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Next time I will visit Treechy I will certainly go to see Vinayar temple at Rock Fort, my promise :)

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

I was fortunate to have visited Vinayaka temple at Tiruchirapalli. I had seen entire Tiruchirapalli. I was bowled by the temples and their architectural grandeur. It was a memorable experience. In the same trip, I had been to Thanjavuru and sketched The world famous Brihadeeswara temple.

Thank you Sir.  Please do note the timings when it will be convenient.  Either early morning or late evening.  You can also enjoy the superb food served at some good middle class hotels, very near the foot of the temple.  Sangeethas near the Railway Station ( actually bang opposite the central bus stand) offers you the best vegetarian food items. 

I undertook the trichy tour long ago. I observed, the city was far ahead of its times in city planning. I also observed that even the food served in wayside restaurants was superb. The icing on the cake was these foods are very cheap. In all, I can say, my Trichy tour left an indelible mark on my heart.

Trichy rock fort vinayaka is famous. I visited this place four times. You can also visit Srirangam(Lord Vishnu) which is considered as a first one in 108 divya desams. You should climb over 400 steps to reach uchi pillaiyar temple.

I visited both Vinayaka and Srirangam temples . I loved them both.

I have seen a few photos of this rock temple and loved it. We plan to visit the place when we are in South India. Why don't you write an article with details of where to stay, how to get there, nearby places of interest etc.?

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Yes Madam, I will write an article,.but I need to visit the place now, as I have not been to Tiruchirapalli for quite a while.  One piece of information  --there are flights to Malaysia and Singapore from this city's International Airport.  The city has the most successful BHEL plant, some fifteen kilometeres away from the city.  Please do also note that the temple town of Tanjore with the Bradeeswarar temple is just sixty kilometers away and can be reached by bus and train.  There are thousands of buses to Tanjore.  Similarly, you can also visit Kumbakonam, the city of numerous temples, just one kilometer from the town of Tanjorew.  

BHEL is the place, where I havebeen trained in Radiography in collaboration with Bhabha Atomic Research center, Mumbai. There the instructor guided me to visit nearby tourist attractions. It's how I visited Brihadeeswara temple in Thanjavuru.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.