In Tamil Nadu, we have the private sector buses plying in many parts of the State.  As a rule, they have to charge the same amount as charged by the State Governenment buses.

In cities like Tiruchirapalli, the private sector is more than the Government, for the local bus transport, which makes it much easier, for anyone to travel around./

Now, the transport guys have gone on strike.  As usual it is dirty politics by the ruling party, and we have one of the worst dumb Chief Ministers, who is an insult to the very post of Chief Minister, who waits for orders from the disgraced Amma who name is Jayalalitha.

Hundreds of thousands of people are stranded, because the buses are not plying -- that is, the Government buses.  In Chennai, we have only Government buses. 

Tamil Nadu may have the best organized transport in the entire country, but also the worst corrupted system as well.  Every one knows that the State Transport Corporations are the cesspools of corruption.

The solution is to totally privatize the transport, and allow the private buses to ply on all routes.  Let the Government ensure that the private sector owners pay the drivers and conductors and the maintenance staff, decent wages.  This is the only way to run down costs, and serve the common people.

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Well I didn't know about the strike part of the Road Transport Corporation of TN. but I know Tamilnadu's transport system is the best in the country. May be I'm not aware of the current scenario in TN about the Road transport unrest.

I am not sure how much privatisation bus transports will help improve efficiency, but that step will definitely allow the bus operators loot passengers according to their whim wish. Eg. during holiday seasons like summer vacation, diwali, new year etc. private bus operators increase their ticket rates 5-6 times than normal and people who don't have reservations in govt. buses have no option but to shell out that amount!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Sunday and Monday there is no bus service in Chennai. Today some buses are operated due to 107% DA raised. People used their private vehicles and autos. They charged more. For these two days they charged more(Shared autos normal fee is Rs.20  but they charged Rs.50 for each person as a normal fee). If privatization happens they will charge more and some conductors are not giving the tickets in private buses and avoiding the taxes. First govt should stop the unions. Most unions are under the control of several parties. No govt employee should involve in strike if it happens then govt should not give the money for those days they are involved in strike. This is applicable to bank employees also. Most of the bank employees even entry level person also getting good salary comparing with other living persons but they are regularly involving in strikes and asking to raise the salary.

Something new I'm hearing that Sundays and Mondays are sans bus services. Why? Nowhere in the country such practice is there. Will you please explain the reasons for not having bus services on some days?

There is a serious drawback in private transaport. Transport is a public utility. The private transporter are more interested in profit rather than providing good service. They indule in any malplractices like over loading, neglecting the less proitable routes. Many will move only after they have full oad or een more of passengers/ goods. Till then you have to wait. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Transportation should not be privatized. With the slightest opportunity Private organizations leech the public. Especially during festive seasons. The private players are doubling the charges.

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.