Just open the pages of any English newspaper or the vernacular newspapers, and you will easily find some story or the other, of some man and wife involved in some extra-marital relationship.

Sometimes, it is said that frustration from the first wife or some attitudinal problems can also cause some problems.  The exact nature of the problem is not yet known, though some explanations have been given by some experts. 

Sex is very unlikely to be the reason. 

What do members have to say?  If you have had some knowledge about a true life story, please do share this for the benefit of all.  Of course, all details regarding the true identity of those involved, may please be hidden.

In general, any extra-marital relationship is bad and should be nipped in the bud.  What can be done?

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Marriage is not natural phenemenon. By nature, there are men and women.  Marriage is simply for regulating the huan life. So when man ane woman are nearer nature (or God), they tend to ignore the social inhibitions and go by nature forgetting the marital ties imposed by human society. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

One may be surprised to know that human beings by nature are polygamous and during the good old days before civilisation set in people lived a free life.It is only with the onset of civilisation that institutions like marriage,family and with it monogamy became popular and the done thing...

As far as having extra marital relationships, it can happen for a number of reasons from dissatisfaction with ones own partner to simply being adventurous.In some mdern marriages both the couple have relationships with others .One can comment and be judgmental but ultimateluy it is left to the individual to decide what is best for him or her

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I agree with what Usha has said. Yes, human beings are polygamous by nature but due to changes in society humans have now become monogamous although some are in two relationships at the same time. Since in your post you have asked for any suggestions to stop it...I think there are no suggestions or solutions that can work unless the couple really want to make it work and sort out the differences. We all get through the highs and lows of married life, some remain stable and few others get into another relationship. Personally, I feel it is better to quit the relationship and not cheat the partner, because trust in a marriage is very important. Once a cheat, always a cheat. But if the couple wish to seek counseling and wish to give their marriage another try, why not.

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

What I understand sometimes the temptation takeover human from rules of the society and they go for it. In cases this is the playful nature of some they find it fascinating. This is more than what you see in newspaper, much more in real world.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani

Extra marital affair happens due to several reasons such as lack of sexual and emotional satisfaction between the partners, unusual attraction towards somebody or some personal or psychological reasons. The concept of sex and love varies in different persons and if there is no proper understanding between them such issues will always be there. We don’t have any shortcuts to eradicate it from the society from its roots. By the proper interference and counseling of the relatives and friends of the concerned people, such issues can be settled.

The reasons are many. If a women or men did not like the person but for the sake of money they are getting married then they won't live happily and they will soon search for another partner. If a man or women loves another one and due to family pressure they married to some other person and not get a satisfaction in their personal life they search for another person or searching the lover. If husband and wife understand each other and believe the value of marriage life and taking decisions mutually never such unwanted relationships will occur in their life.

Dwarakanathan wrote:

The reasons are many. If a women or men did not like the person but for the sake of money they are getting married then they won't live happily and they will soon search for another partner. If a man or women loves another one and due to family pressure they married to some other person and not get a satisfaction in their personal life they search for another person or searching the lover. If husband and wife understand each other and believe the value of marriage life and taking decisions mutually never such unwanted relationships will occur in their life.

I don't think the reasons you have mentioned are the sole reason of extramarital affairs, people who initiated a wedlock by falling in love also fall into affairs..some people are just promiscuous and look for more.

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

In our society , even in such a relationship where a man openly has a mistress , it is the woman who is at the receiving end , with the man having absolutely nothing to lose, such is our double standards...Of course in cities things are slowly changing ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Familiarity breeds contempt, thus goes the saying. Man by nature always looks towards those things, which he doesn't possess, though he's blessed with a plethora of good things in his possession . Even if the man has Miss Universe as his wife, he looks towards other man's wife. This is the inherent nature of man.

There is a saying in Telug which says, " the next door's bitter curry, tastes delicious." This explains all.

I am surprised to read newspaper these days. I read the increased number of cases extra marital relations and almost all of them have similar number initiated by women as by men esp in rural areas. 

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.