Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Not some. Mostly. Marriages have become  a big business.

mohan manohar wrote:

I have noticed some have made it an occasion to receive money and compensate marriage expenditures as all these are going at the same sides of coins. 

Yes, that is the normal thinking behind it. Also, for most families in India, the show of pomp and splendour in the weddings is directly proportional to the education the groom has received. I understand from a few of my Bihari friends that an engineer, mechanical or civil or software get the highest bidding, both in terms of dowry and expenditure on the wedding that bride's parents are expected to make. For engineers, current going rate is around 25 lakhs.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: mohan manohar

True Kalyani. In my own state AP ,the groom's education qualification, it doesn't matter if he is having a job or not plays a vital role in dictating the terms to the Brides's family. And the Bride's family is no less, the invitation cards carry the Groom'squalification in Bold letters. I don't blame a single party for this meaningless extravaganza. Both are equally responsible for this Show.

Dowry is the bone of all such evils, many a times, all such marriages become a state to increase their economic and financial stability. 

http://mohanmekap.com/

Our acts against dowry are full of loopholes. these acts are severely abused.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.