We all know learning many languages boosts Brain power. In this regard if learning many languages through Mother Tongue so much the better.

http://www.huffingtonpost.in/bilna-sandeep/why-should-you-talk-to-yo_b_8736524.html?utm_hp_ref=india

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Mother tongue is the base on which entire knowledge is based. The link rightly advises that parents should communicate with child in mother tongue.  If one is sound in mother tongue, he will pick other languages as well as knowledge in all matters easily. This is more so as a child begins life with mother tongue. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:

Mother tongue is the base on which entire knowledge is based. The link rightly advises that parents should communicate with child in mother tongue.  If one is sound in mother tongue, he will pick other languages as well as knowledge in all matters easily. This is more so as a child begins life with mother tongue. 

Very true. We know learning multiple languages boosts the Brain power. The Brain power further boosts, if those languages are taught in Mother Tongue. Which is why many people who settled in other counties, ensure that their children speak in their respective mother tongue. My own children's  children who were born and brought up in the USA talk only in Telugu  in their home.

In whichever corner of the world we live, we should not forget our mother tongue. Our basic thoughts usually happen in our mother tongue. It is involved in our blood and it is a part of our soul.

Languages learned through Mother tongue will enable the learner to learn other languages easily and effortlessly. I for one while writing articles, think in Telugu first.

Mother tongue is important like mother. My mother tongue is Bagri, it is some what like Hindi. In these day I am not speaking my mother tongue. My parents are no more and my brother ans sister is living separatley, I am speaking is these days Hindi, By children are Hindi speaking because my wife is Hindi speaking. But I always speak in Bagri if other one is Bagri speaking.

anil wrote:

Mother tongue is important like mother. My mother tongue is Bagri, it is some what like Hindi. In these day I am not speaking my mother tongue. My parents are no more and my brother ans sister is living separatley, I am speaking is these days Hindi, By children are Hindi speaking because my wife is Hindi speaking. But I always speak in Bagri if other one is Bagri speaking.

when I was in Odisha. my children used talk in English and Odiya in schools. But in my home we used to talk in Only in Telugu in my home. That's why, when I changed my Job and came back to my state, my children never faced any problem in adjusting with Telugu atmosphere.

I feel that as long as people have a working knowledge of their mother tongue it is good enough ...Many a times children born abroad may not learn their mother tongue because of some reason or the other but if they have the interest they will pick up the basics even later in life , like it happened in my own case.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Wherever a person lives, working knowledge of the language of that place helps. Even in foreign countries, for Telugu People have the Telugu Teaching institutions. My other daughter who lives in Karnataka can speak Kannada fluently including her children

rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:

when I was in Odisha. my children used talk in English and Odiya in schools. But in my home we used to talk in Only in Telugu in my home. That's why, when I changed my Job and came back to my state, my children never faced any problem in adjusting with Telugu atmosphere.

You come back to your language but is my case I think it is not possible because my children is speaking Hindi from birth, it is their mother tongue. After me no one will be in my house use my mother tongue Bagri.

anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:

You come back to your language but is my case I think it is not possible because my children is speaking Hindi from birth, it is their mother tongue. After me no one will be in my house use my mother tongue Bagri.

I can understand the situation and problems you are facing. I too feel, it is difficult for you to implement the usage of Bagri, your Mother tongue in your home.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.