Just take a glance at most youngsters in trains and buses.  They would have their ears fitted with the wires that lead to their smart phones and be in their own world.  They would tend to be totally unconcerned with whatever goes on around them. 

This happens in families too.  The parents make fun of the youngsters that they have hearing aids that keep them busy!!

However, the very assertive young crowd would brook no interference and would rather go their own ways, at any point in time.  Laptops and tablets simply take over when they reach home and chatting on what's up is becoming a huge hindrance in every family.

Are we losing out on social relationships and even family ties only because of this obsession with advanced IT technology?  What is the way out, and what should be the role of parents in this regard?

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Being IT savvy is not a bad idea.. In these days of Globalization  being IT savvy will help in getting the  jobs. However, I opine that excessive use if IT gadgets like computers, laptops should be avoided. And also Cell phones. as they cause certain brain related hazards. This should be controlled. 

Rather a too-selfish attitude and self-centredness, is what I can sum up above the current generation. Of course, there are exceptions, but most of them are too insensitive and inconsiderate to others. Me, myself, mine, is what stands up for them most.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Youth of present generation who are IT savvy are pursuing the Modi's Digital India concept that is aimed at making the country self sufficient in IT. Earlier IT sector used to be monopolized mostly by Western Countries. In this process, if younger generation spend before the gadgets or other electronic gadgets day in and day out, it certainly jeopardizes  family relations. More than that, this addiction leads to several Brian related ailments.

The side effect of IT savvy is that today's generation is pulling itself to a virtual world instead of real world. We see kids whole day busy on mobiles or tabs in chatting or searching wrong matters on search engines. They are moving away from nature, instead of playing outdoor games today's generation like to play games on mobiles and computers.

http://www.comparenshop.in

rambabu wrote:

Being IT savvy is not a bad idea.. In these days of Globalization  being IT savvy will help in getting the  jobs. However, I opine that excessive use if IT gadgets like computers, laptops should be avoided. And also Cell phones. as they cause certain brain related hazards. This should be controlled. 

i too think that being an IT savvy is not a bad thing but becoming addicted to it is a bad, not only bad but the worst thing which ruins ones life 

bhuyali saroj

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.