The title of this thread may make you feel that I am against teachers. That's not true. I have immense respect for the teachers but for those teachers who really respect their own profession. I can accept the fact, every teacher may not be good at teaching but has to be good at dealing with students. Teachers should not be dictators rather they need to break the ice between themselves and the students. They are in charge of making a better person out of every student and in such a case when they handle the students by threatening them, can they deserve respect for just being a teacher by profession?

Today, I read a report how students got impressed by our President's teaching skill on 5th Sept. 2016 and made me feel sorry about the present generation who hardly get such kind of teachers in their school.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/delhi/President-sirs-class-turns-out-as-history-ki-paathshala/articleshow/54021838.cms

 


shampasaid

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
  • Re: Why Present Day School Teachers are so Egoist?

    by » 5 years ago


    Divya
    Gold Boarder
    37 468 3.53k

    What you said is absolutely true. But i would not like to blame the teachers alone. Even the schools and the management are responsible. Many schools have micro syllabus for the teachers now. Where in they are told exactly what is to be taught each day. Unlike when we were studying. (I still remember once in a while we would tell our teachers to give half a period free and she would agree. Because she just had the quarterly exam course to finish and not the daily one). I this also adds to the pressure on the teachers. And i am talking about  small classes like kindergarten. Also i feel many teachers have become insensitive to the fact that they are not just teaching but also molding the next generation. For many it is just a job or profession like all others.


    Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated - Confucius


  • Re: Why Present Day School Teachers are so Egoist?

    by » 5 years ago


    rambabu
    Perandor
    1.49k 32k 218.8k

    It is evident  from the students, who said after the President's Pathshala, " Mukherjee Sir, should  also come and see our Schools as they are so different and at times difficult."

     It is a known fact that,Dr. Sarvepalli Radha Krishnan's Birthday, Ex President of India is being celebrated as the Teachers Day in India. According to him, " The True Teachers are those, who help the students  think for themselves."

    Contrary to this the present Day  Teachers  think  of helping  themselves. This is true especially in Government Schools. Hence, its of no use to blame Government Schools and Teachers alone.


  • Re: Why Present Day School Teachers are so Egoist?

    by » 5 years ago


    usha manohar
    Basileus
    704 19.5k 126.1k

    To a certain extent I tend to agree with Shampa that teaching as a profession has lost its dignity and stature. But again change is part of life and teachers have changed according to the needs of the society. It is a matter of one affecting the other , a chain reaction. 


    Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!


    Thank you said by: suni51

  • Re: Why Present Day School Teachers are so Egoist?

    by » 5 years ago


    rambabu
    Perandor
    1.49k 32k 218.8k

    In the present scenario of Education system in India, Education has become  a business. The entire system needs a thorough overhauling


  • Re: Why Present Day School Teachers are so Egoist?

    by » 5 years ago


    Shampa Sadhya
    Platinum Mate
    56 1.65k 11.2k
    usha manohar wrote:

    To a certain extent I tend to agree with Shampa that teaching as a profession has lost its dignity and stature. But again change is part of life and teachers have changed according to the needs of the society. It is a matter of one affecting the other , a chain reaction. 

    I also agree with you that change is imminent and certainly there will be pros and cons of it. By saying so I want to put forth that every teacher is not of the same type. There are still very good teachers who try to understand the students and help them out during crisis. To be very honest I was blessed with excellent teachers but there were one or two who were not able to satisfy the students through their teaching still, we did not have any problem due to their attitude because they were extremely affectionate teachers which I feel is the prerequisite of being a teacher. This is highly missing in most of the teachers at present. This trend needs to be addressed.


    shampasaid


  • Re: Why Present Day School Teachers are so Egoist?

    by » 5 years ago


    rambabu
    Perandor
    1.49k 32k 218.8k

    Students are generally sharp and inquisitive. Hence it is imperative that it takes an incredible amount of dedication, knowledge and patience to teach a class.. But pity is none of the qualities are present  both in the system as well as in the Teachers. It's true there are SOME good teachers. But  its only when the this SOME becomes MORE, I consider the education System is Good.

     


  • Re: Why Present Day School Teachers are so Egoist?

    by » 5 years ago


    usha manohar
    Basileus
    704 19.5k 126.1k
    Shampa Sadhya wrote:
    usha manohar wrote:

    To a certain extent I tend to agree with Shampa that teaching as a profession has lost its dignity and stature. But again change is part of life and teachers have changed according to the needs of the society. It is a matter of one affecting the other , a chain reaction. 

    I also agree with you that change is imminent and certainly there will be pros and cons of it. By saying so I want to put forth that every teacher is not of the same type. There are still very good teachers who try to understand the students and help them out during crisis. To be very honest I was blessed with excellent teachers but there were one or two who were not able to satisfy the students through their teaching still, we did not have any problem due to their attitude because they were extremely affectionate teachers which I feel is the prerequisite of being a teacher. This is highly missing in most of the teachers at present. This trend needs to be addressed.

    Here I must point out that parents attitude towards the teachers has changed drastically, ..some go to the extent of treating teachers with disrespect and disdain right in front of the students. In fact our society has undergone a change for the worse where one upmanship and being pushy are considered smart. Teachers cone from the same society so they too would act accordingly depending on what they receive. Inspite of this if some teachers stand out it shows their dedication and love for their profession.


    Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!


    Thank you said by: suni51

  • Re: Why Present Day School Teachers are so Egoist?

    by » 5 years ago


    Shampa Sadhya
    Platinum Mate
    56 1.65k 11.2k
    usha manohar wrote:
    Shampa Sadhya wrote:
    usha manohar wrote:

    To a certain extent I tend to agree with Shampa that teaching as a profession has lost its dignity and stature. But again change is part of life and teachers have changed according to the needs of the society. It is a matter of one affecting the other , a chain reaction. 

    I also agree with you that change is imminent and certainly there will be pros and cons of it. By saying so I want to put forth that every teacher is not of the same type. There are still very good teachers who try to understand the students and help them out during crisis. To be very honest I was blessed with excellent teachers but there were one or two who were not able to satisfy the students through their teaching still, we did not have any problem due to their attitude because they were extremely affectionate teachers which I feel is the prerequisite of being a teacher. This is highly missing in most of the teachers at present. This trend needs to be addressed.

    Here I must point out that parents attitude towards the teachers has changed drastically, ..some go to the extent of treating teachers with disrespect and disdain right in front of the students. In fact our society has undergone a change for the worse where one upmanship and being pushy are considered smart. Teachers cone from the same society so they too would act accordingly depending on what they receive. Inspite of this if some teachers stand out it shows their dedication and love for their profession.

    Yes, I do agree that nowadays parents are very much to be blamed. I can't imagine to refer by the first names of the teachers to my son or in front of anyone but there are parents who refer them by names without adding any respectful address which definitely is a wrong indication to the children/students. The students therefore take their teachers name quite openly. By saying so I would also point out that the present day teachers usually do not accept their fault especially those ones which they make while evaluating the examination papers. This immensely dissatisfies the students even the well-behaved ones and they become disrespectful.    

     


    shampasaid


  • Re: Why Present Day School Teachers are so Egoist?

    by » 5 years ago


    chinmoymukherjee
    Caesar
    934 14.7k 122.3k

    We need to appreciate the fact that there have been momentous changes affecting teaching professions like any other profession. It is difficult to generalize but certain deviations are very darkly pronounced. Some teachers are so bitten by the virus of materialism I wonder if they are at all worthy of the kind of respect that teachers of earlier generations used to be showered with!!

     


  • Re: Why Present Day School Teachers are so Egoist?

    by » 5 years ago


    Shampa Sadhya
    Platinum Mate
    56 1.65k 11.2k
    chinmoymukherjee wrote:

    We need to appreciate the fact that there have been momentous changes affecting teaching professions like any other profession. It is difficult to generalize but certain deviations are very darkly pronounced. Some teachers are so bitten by the virus of materialism I wonder if they are at all worthy of the kind of respect that teachers of earlier generations used to be showered with!!

    You have explained the issue quite rightly and to it I want to add once again that not all but some teachers are very insensitive towards the student's issues as well as have no affection for them. They sincerely do not deserve to receive respect. For such teachers, teaching is just a source of income and nothing more.  


    shampasaid


You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.

Which Option You Like Most In MAIN MENU ?

Which Option You Like Most In MAIN MENU ? There are many Option.choose ur favorite and Vote it..
No answer selected. Please try again.
Please select either existing option or enter your own, however not both.
Please select minimum 0 answer(s) and maximum 14 answer(s).
/polls/boddunan/6005-which-option-you-like-most-in-main-menu-.json?task=poll.vote
6005
radio
[{"id":"20691","title":"Submit An Article","votes":"32","type":"x","order":"0","pct":30.77,"resources":[]},{"id":"20692","title":"Community","votes":"4","type":"x","order":"0","pct":3.85,"resources":[]},{"id":"20693","title":"Free Magazines","votes":"5","type":"x","order":"0","pct":4.81,"resources":[]},{"id":"20694","title":"Documents","votes":"3","type":"x","order":"0","pct":2.88,"resources":[]},{"id":"20695","title":"Invite Friends","votes":"2","type":"x","order":"0","pct":1.92,"resources":[]},{"id":"20696","title":"My Earingns","votes":"30","type":"x","order":"0","pct":28.85,"resources":[]},{"id":"20697","title":"My Account","votes":"5","type":"x","order":"0","pct":4.81,"resources":[]},{"id":"20698","title":"Awards","votes":"5","type":"x","order":"0","pct":4.81,"resources":[]},{"id":"20699","title":"Top Earners","votes":"4","type":"x","order":"0","pct":3.85,"resources":[]},{"id":"20700","title":"Members","votes":"5","type":"x","order":"0","pct":4.81,"resources":[]},{"id":"20701","title":"My Comments","votes":"2","type":"x","order":"0","pct":1.92,"resources":[]},{"id":"20702","title":"FAQs","votes":"5","type":"x","order":"0","pct":4.81,"resources":[]},{"id":"20703","title":"Contact Us","votes":"2","type":"x","order":"0","pct":1.92,"resources":[]},{"id":"20704","title":"Games","votes":"0","type":"x","order":"0","pct":0,"resources":[]}] ["#ff5b00","#4ac0f2","#b80028","#eef66c","#60bb22","#b96a9a","#62c2cc"] ["rgba(255,91,0,0.7)","rgba(74,192,242,0.7)","rgba(184,0,40,0.7)","rgba(238,246,108,0.7)","rgba(96,187,34,0.7)","rgba(185,106,154,0.7)","rgba(98,194,204,0.7)"] 350
bottom 200
Senthil kumar P
1 points
shalinisharma
1 points