25 June 1975 is known as black day in Indian History. PM Indira Gandhi impose emergency on this day. Emergency had dark side but also hac little bit positive side. Read, what are saying vice President Naidu and also share your views and experience here.

http://epaper.bhaskar.com/detail/106837/06230225310018/0/map/tabs-1/2018-06-23%2000:00:00/41/4/text/

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

The only positive I can think of was that crime rate came down to a certain extent and efficiency increased because of the fear..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Emergency can be seen only as a black day. Law and order in a country or state should not come as a positive effect of a disgrace to democracy. It should be always there. 

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

I was 14 years old when emergency imposed.So I don't know much about that time. But I know that at time of people demolish their illegal occupancy themself. My city know have this problem again. One person brings order of High court but still admi, can not remove all illegal occupancy.

Read more about emergency

https://indianexpress.com/article/research/four-reasons-why-indira-gandhi-declared-the-emergency-5232397/?utm_source=izooto&utm_medium=push_notification&utm_campaign=Liverpool%20vs%20Manchester%20City&utm_content=&utm_term=

I have read some news about this emergency & have known that Constitution has been amended, media were stopped from their work & it was something that was totally illegal that was done just to save Indira Gandhi, such a disgrace to democracy & Constitution of our Country.

Life is like a boat in a sea, there is a lot to learn, so never close your mind to your limited experiences!

epraneeth77 wrote:

I have read some news about this emergency & have known that Constitution has been amended, media were stopped from their work & it was something that was totally illegal that was done just to save Indira Gandhi, such a disgrace to democracy & Constitution of our Country.

Emergency was the result of Indira's anger over losing elections and to give a free reign to her spoiled, moralless son that is, Sanjay Gandhi.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: epraneeth77

I remember my father discussing about emergency since he was warned and almost threatened for approving a news item that was considered as being against the establishment. My father was at that time working for Deccan Herald and New Century publications both of which were temporarily closed down..Many many people suffered and had to be careful what they spoke or did in public.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:

I remember my father discussing about emergency since he was warned and almost threatened for approving a news item that was considered as being against the establishment. My father was at that time working for Deccan Herald and New Century publications both of which were temporarily closed down..Many many people suffered and had to be careful what they spoke or did in public.

It means you are victim of emergency. It is right that at that time speaking against government was crime.

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
epraneeth77 wrote:

Emergency was the result of Indira's anger over losing elections and to give a free reign to her spoiled, moralless son that is, Sanjay Gandhi.

That's what many at times felt about the situation. Democratic powers were lost to give more power to Sanjay. 

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Arunima Singh wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
epraneeth77 wrote:

That's what many at times felt about the situation. Democratic powers were lost to give more power to Sanjay. 

Days of emergency remember us value of democracy, here one respected member advocated martial law.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.