It has often been found that government policies prove out to be disasters. However, responsibilities for proper implementation of policies lie with the bureaucrats. Can they really wash off their hands from such responsibilities entrusted upon them?

Subhro Kanti Ghosh.

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

I agree that bureaucrats have a larger role in the implementation ...however they totally depend on the politician/ minister for funds . Normally that's where the delay comes in !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

It is right that bureaucrats are depends on politicians for funds, but every one know how our bureaucrats are corrupt. For delay in implementation bureaucrats are more responsible than politicians.

Everyone is a part of this corrupt system and the blame game keeps going. There have been bureaucrats who were/are honest and have to pay a huge price for that.  

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Arunima Singh wrote:

Everyone is a part of this corrupt system and the blame game keeps going. There have been bureaucrats who were/are honest and have to pay a huge price for that.  

Yes at present it is very hard to work honestly in India. In Rajasthan some month ago police killed one gangster in an encounter. In pressure of one community Rajasthan government order for CBI investigation. In this situation who will like to work honestly.

It's the duty of ministers to ensure that the policies are being implemented. And they only implement those policies which they think will help them.

No doubt its the bureaucrats who implements the policies but its the responsibilities of the ministers to ensure that the policies are being implemented properly by constantly monitoring their work and giving supports where necessary. 

While ministers come and go bureaucrats are always there ..but , in many cases they face interference by the minister in charge and later when a different person takes over the ministry , he or she may find fault with the policy of the previous regime , tends to hold the bureaucrats responsible. Something similar happened in Karnataka when one of the top Lady IAS officer was shunted out of her post and she had to resort to High court . Thankfully , the court saw that she was being victimized by the present CM and ordered that she should be restored back. But from what I hear, her life is not easy now ...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

We can't blame completely the bureaucrats political pressure make them take lot of bad decisions. So the answer would be both are equally responsible 

The red tapism is bad working culture in Indian workforce, especially the government servants won't let the the things move despite having enough funds and means available. We have been seeing the present trend going on forever and there seems to be no chance changing the scenario any time soon.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Arunima Singh wrote:

But these honest bureaucrats are like salt is flour.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.