Some Big pharma companies proposed to launch low cost second brad of medicines. I am confuse here that second brand will be effective like first brand. How it is possible  two selling price of one product.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/big-pharma-proposes-launch-of-low-priced-second-brands-for-ayushman-bharat-health-insurance-scheme/articleshow/66229879.cms

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

If i understand this right, the cost of manufacturing is what matters along with alternative components to make the medicine.

If low cost medicines are available, why will the general public buy the higher cost medicine? 

Sheetal Kumar N wrote:

If i understand this right, the cost of manufacturing is what matters along with alternative components to make the medicine.

May be alternative components is not effective equal to original components. 

jabeen wrote:

If low cost medicines are available, why will the general public buy the higher cost medicine? 

Yes public always prefer low cost medicines but doctor never precribe low cost medicine.

Actually pharma companies are earning such a big profit on their branded medicines and facing such a stiff challenge from competitors in generic sector that they have no choice but to find a way to reduce their price and margin of profit. Second brand is only an excuse to reduce the prices in order to stay in the market. 

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

suni51 wrote:

Actually pharma companies are earning such a big profit on their branded medicines and facing such a stiff challenge from competitors in generic sector that they have no choice but to find a way to reduce their price and margin of profit. Second brand is only an excuse to reduce the prices in order to stay in the market. 

If second brand is equal in performance with first brand that it in benefit of peoples. Indeed medicine is too much expensive. 

suni51 wrote:

What is a second Brand? Hearing it for the first time..

Life is like a boat in a sea, there is a lot to learn, so never close your mind to your limited experiences!

epraneeth77 wrote:
suni51 wrote:

What is a second Brand? Hearing it for the first time..

Did you read the link provided in the opening post?

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

anil wrote:
jabeen wrote:

Yes public always prefer low cost medicines but doctor never precribe low cost medicine.

Indeed, my friend had recently went to a Doctor for his Sinus, but the Doctor with whom he generally consulted for the last few years for sinus was not available & hence he was directed to his Daughters Consultation. The Doctor prescribed multiple medicines of high cost as opposed to the low cost & few medicines her father prescribed.

Upon asking her about these medicines relevance & that her father generally prescribes 3 to 4 medicines as opposed to 10 medicines that she has prescribed she reduced the dosage, number of medicines & prescribed alternate low cost medicines.

I was completely shocked by this kind of medication provided by the Doctor & felt ashamed of such commercial Doctors available in our Country who put money first at every place at the cost of human life.

Homeo is one of the most effective treatment which improves immunity & has no side effects. Ayurveda is also a good option. But people are seldom patient in their outlook & look out for immediate relief with long term side effects rather than permanent relief with no side effects, hence these Brands have made their forte of money accumulation.

Mr Suni's view point is bang on target that they are coming up with this idea to stay in the market as generic medicines are being available more & more.

Hope the Quality is not compromised by the company though.

I have now read the Article :)

Life is like a boat in a sea, there is a lot to learn, so never close your mind to your limited experiences!

Doctors are much greedy. Some time they prescribed medicine which is available only on the medical store which is inside their hospital and they are also owner of medical store. I had problem of nigh urnining. Now I have not this problem but doctor is prescribing medicine for it beside I tell him that I have not urine problem.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.