What do you feel if your junior get double salary jump? It could be painful or joyful . Discussion will be more interesting if that person was working under you. Its happen real also many time. Please share your experience on this matter. 

Santosh Kumar Singh

http://experienceofknowledge.blogspot.com/

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

First of all I would analyze the reasons why it happened? Whether he or she deserved it or was the reason something else?

However, I would think that there is a certain protocol while hiking salary and almost all companies have to follow this , so it is impossible to think of someone suddenly getting a double salary hike

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: jabeen

I would look into my own shortcomings and see what is needed to improve in myself. There is no company in the world that will take such a step without a solid reason. I would also update my CV immediately as it's a clear sign that I am no more needed in this company.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

There can be reasons like he may have put resignation so company decide to retain him by giving better offer . Some people resign in company to get increment. It may happen in your company many times but other senior suffer on that moment.

Santosh Kumar Singh

Santosh Kumar Singh wrote:

There can be reasons like he may have put resignation so company decide to retain him by giving better offer . Some people resign in company to get increment. It may happen in your company many times but other senior suffer on that moment.

If he is blackmailing the company by handing resignation letter and the company is ready to retain him with an increment iñ his salary, then it can only mean that the company consider him an asset. A mediocre employee cannot get away with threat to resign like that.

Thank you said by: usha manohar, Kalyani Nandurkar
jabeen wrote:

If he is blackmailing the company by handing resignation letter and the company is ready to retain him with an increment iñ his salary, then it can only mean that the company consider him an asset. A mediocre employee cannot get away with threat to resign like that.

Yes absolutely ...I too would think so !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: epraneeth77

I would also think that in case the HR division is not strong enough to appoint a person immediately, the management may decide to retain their existing workforce due to limitation of the HR Capabilities.

Also, I think that if the management is not competent enough to extract the person's work from other members in the team he may retain the employee, which is highly unlikely, but possible.

Life is like a boat in a sea, there is a lot to learn, so never close your mind to your limited experiences!

If he has good business contacts who can influence the management, even then it is possible, but if it is an MNC, don't know whether it is possible or not.

Life is like a boat in a sea, there is a lot to learn, so never close your mind to your limited experiences!

jabeen wrote:

I have seen that kind of blackmailing happen a lot. Many corporate companies, especially the ones in the IT-enabled services tend to worry more about attrition rate and they do anything to stop from employees resigning even though they might not be an asset. In that case, it falls upon the performing employees to carry the burden of such other employees upon themselves!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: suni51
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
jabeen wrote:

I have seen that kind of blackmailing happen a lot. Many corporate companies, especially the ones in the IT-enabled services tend to worry more about attrition rate and they do anything to stop from employees resigning even though they might not be an asset. In that case, it falls upon the performing employees to carry the burden of such other employees upon themselves!

The companies might retain such employees on an increased salary but for a limited period. They almost always show them the door as soon as they find their replacement. 

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

In most of the companies Gentle Employee become frustrate due to bad politics . If there is online system and everything happen systematically then no point for politics but merit depend upon boss relation hamper other employees.

Santosh Kumar Singh

Thank you said by: suni51
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.