Historically  in the 20th century India has hardly hadaggressive leaders. We had many passive leaders like Gandhi and Nehru but one canot think of anybody other than Subhash Chandra Bose as an aggressive leader. After seven decades  Narendra Modi is the new breed of an aggressive leader needed by India. Modi is akin to the great German chancellor Otto Von Bismarck who gave the policy of "blood and iron." Modi in 5 years has done more than what the Congress did in a hundred years. I Call upon people to have a discussion on the value of Narendra Modi as an aggressive leader of India

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

The contribution of Modi to the unity of India is endless and need not be recounted here. Among them Triple Talaq, Article 370 and 35a and a forceful exposition of India abroad. This is not to say that there have been no failures. GST and devaluation and emphasis on cow slaughter is among them, but he gave a new muscle to India as was seen at Doklam  HE KNOWS HOW TO BUILD EQUATIONS WITH FOREIGN LEADERS BE IT PUTIN OR TRUMP. THE HESITENT APPROACH OF PEOPLE LIKE NEHRU AMD MANMOHAN IS HISTORY. I NDIA LOOKS AHEAD BUT AGAIN FAILURE IN A FEW FIELD IS PART OF AN EXPERIMENT.

He is also ruthless as Bismark was when he attacked Paris and teh Parisians had to eat zoo animals to survive the German onslaught.  I have reason to believe he is studying the Chinese assimilation of the restive Muslim province of Sinkiang and one can expect similar results in Kashmir.

I have read your detailed views in Hubpages and agree with you to certain extent although there are some obvious differences in between Bismark and Modi.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

The major difference between the two would be the status of their birth. While Bismarck came from a privileged  background , having been born into a family of stature, Mr Modi was a dalit coming from a poor under privileged family and had to work hard which also gave him an insight into peoples nature . In those days Germany was a super power that controlled pretty much the entire Easter Europe through force and this feeling of superiority actually gave rise to the holocaust and Hitlers rule in later years.  Another glaring difference between the two is that Modi is loved and respected by the majority of the people of his country whereas Bismarck was unable to get his own people on his side.. In that respect Mr Modi is definitely a better leader .

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:

The major difference between the two would be the status of their birth. While Bismarck came from a privileged  background , having been born into a family of stature, Mr Modi was a dalit coming from a poor under privileged family and had to work hard which also gave him an insight into peoples nature . In those days Germany was a super power that controlled pretty much the entire Easter Europe through force and this feeling of superiority actually gave rise to the holocaust and Hitlers rule in later years.  Another glaring difference between the two is that Modi is loved and respected by the majority of the people of his country whereas Bismarck was unable to get his own people on his side.. In that respect Mr Modi is definitely a better leader .

Exactly! And as per my knowledge he was best as far the wars were concerned although he did well in the filed of development and unification as well.

suni51 wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

Exactly! And as per my knowledge he was best as far the wars were concerned although he did well in the filed of development and unification as well.

Bismark has his detractors, but he had a single point agenda to raise Germany as the dominant force in Europe. He succeeded to a great extent and even now in Germany, he is a respected leader. What Germany has achieved has a lot to do with Bismark who coined the word "blood and Iron."Modi may be from an underprivileged background but his thinking is similar to Bismark and his aim to make India great is what Bismark wanted. Secondly, he is a man with an iron will and one can see its manifestation in teh actions he has taken.

We need to consider the time factor , things have changed a lot during post world war years. There is a lot more freedom of thought and democracy. While I totally agree that determination and an iron will is very essential to rule an indisciplined nation like India, there are many other requirements as well. 

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: MG Singh
usha manohar wrote:

We need to consider the time factor , things have changed a lot during post world war years. There is a lot more freedom of thought and democracy. While I totally agree that determination and an iron will is very essential to rule an indisciplined nation like India, there are many other requirements as well. 

Yes, but an aggressive leader is required. Modi displayed his aggression in the USA during the Howdy Modi show. Even Trump acknowledged it, though I dare say Trump is the last man India should evet trust. Just see his flip flop on Kashmir.

Trump is nothing but a businessman! Insert a coin in his mouth and see a lolly coming out of his mouth. He is the least trusted/able president of the US so far.

To manage an organization the size of trump empire that consists of over 500 different concerns is no joke. Donald Trump would be very well versed at adminstration skills and management , however he probably lacks diplomacy and polish .  From Indian point of view any gesture that is beneficial to the nation is more than welcome. We have to laud the efforts of Mr Modi and the external affairs ministry in making this possible. I am totally in awe and proud of our UN reps and other overseas representatives some of them so young yet so remarkably brilliant in the way they speak and handle themselves with international dealings and communications..

I agree but Trump is facing Impeachment now.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.