We have all kinds of smiles - dry smile ,wry smile,hearty smile,dirty smile and what not!! But this one has kept us in perpetual bafflement.What is your interpretation of this one?
Leonardo_da_Vinci_Mona_Lisa.jpg (You do not have access to download this file.)
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
This is Italian Renaissance artist Leanardo da Vinci's 500 year old masterpiece.Her name in Italian and Spanish is La Gioconda.In Italian giocconda means a light-hearted woman.To me her smile conceals more than what it reveals.What do you say?
According to me her smile is very mischievious, I feel so..sometimes..
But sometimes it seems like full of care and love..

Aastha Gupta
I also feel that her smile has a little cunnigness hidden in it.
Works of great masters...the literary masterpieces...whose excellence was generally recognized after the authors had departed .
I think she seems to be suggesting as she has been doing all these centuries - am I that easy to understand? Go on guessting and interpreting my smile!!!
I don't think any one so interpreted the underlying facts in her smile so far. There is a saying that She was not that much beauty of that time too.!! so beware before commenting on the meaning of her smile..
@Shalu

I don't think it is so much of her beauty rather her smile which has led people to express their sense of wonderment at the master's ability to create a sense of enigma and illusion in her smile.
This appears a cunning smile.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

There lies the superiority of the master painter that centuries have passed but her smile is still enshrouded in mystery.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.