I have read in a newspaper that india has surpassed china in road accidents which is still No.1 in population. We can say many reasons for the accidents like road is not proper, opposite person came in wrong way etc.

What do you think are the main reasons for these road accidents
and how to prevent it from happening?

Friends,

Please share your views on this !!!

websitesreview-meens.blogspot.com
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Mainly road accidents cause due to the drunken drivers. So government should control it. They are just concentrating on the money received from the liquor licenses. But not on the people.

And drivers should strictly follow the rules and regulations. In India there is no strict rules. But in America everything is strict. So we should follow America.

Cool information and hot earnings @
http://bit.ly/cbOLIy
The road accidents occur because of (1)over trafficking (2) lethargy in following traffic and safety rules. The accidents can be brought to minimum by creating more awareness towards road safety and traffic rules. Also strict action against defaulters is urgent. On repeated violation of traffic rules, vehicles should be confiscated and driving licence cancelled. Also personal transport should be minimized and people persuaded and encouraged to use public transport.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

@I agree with Gulshan, the very main cause is failure to observe traffic rules!!Also the major causes are the poor conditions of roads in many cities, Pune being one for example. Constant digging works along roadside due to which sand and gravel is spread on the roads causing accidents!!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Yes, these two are the main reasons..poor condition of roads and less traffic sense. Also, while giving driving license, the people are not being asked regarding the traffic rules properly, i guess. Hence, some are not even aware..

Every person travels on a car, which adds to the traffic congestion. And offenders are being let off lightly.

Accidents take place due to less traffic sense among the people. That is why, in bangalore especially, it has been made compulsory to wear helmet and people are wearing it for the past 1 year. in a bid to minimise injuries form accidents.
I think lack of road discipline,narrow and poorly maintained roads and slack enforcement of traffic laws and rules.
earn to drive properly.

Most road accidents happen because people are not good drivers.

And there is one misconception. That fast drivers are rash drivers. Whereas the truth is that fast drivers can be very safe drivers and even the slowest drivers can be very pathetic drivers. Its all about what kind of control you have on your vehicle and how alert you are while driving.
Overcrowding and haste are the reasons of road accident. The best way is to reduce traffic on roads. This can be done by drastically cutting personal transport and encouraging public transport. The penalty for traffic violations should be exemplary. Confiscation of vehicles for deliberate and reckless traffic violation and cancellation of driving licenses are the steps necessary to compel people to adhere to traffic rules.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Very good article...keep posting such articles...one should learn to drive properly and follow traffic rules properly and avoid drunk and drive...
Road accident is mainly because indisipline followed on road...we should really look in to this and i m not just saying

On April 26 ,2010 i met with an accident on,in which i lost my friend.

so guys followed strict disipline while driving...
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.