I read this in a local newspaper and thought of sharing it. A meat shop owner in Tamilnadu always cares for the environment and wanted to get rid of plastic bags. So he started a scheme and told his customers that if they bring vessels for getting meat,he will offer discount of Rs.2 on the price. There was only little response from the customers.Then he increased the discount to Rs.4.Still not big improvement.Then he offered 2 to 4 eggs free of cost if they bring their own vessels.This offer clicked and many people are now bringing their own vessels.

If a small shopkeeper can think like this, why don't the big supermarkets may think of some idea to get rid of plastic bags?

websitesreview-meens.blogspot.com
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
really a very initiative by the shop keeper..........i think every shop keeper should follow the same......

thanks for sharing meean........

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
wow thats a great idea.. but not many can survive giving such discounts..
Thanks Meean for sharing this great piece of news! I salute him!!
Good move by this intelligent Shop-keeper to avaoid environment hazard... :)

Thanks for the information!!
These kind of efforts from common people would go a long way in promoting the cause of green.
Yes Meean it is really a nice effort by the shop keeper..and i think that "where there is will there is way" is applicable for others..but none are trying :)
There is no doubt that we need big efforts on this score but such efforts on the part of common people would also make a big impact in this regard.
Very thin cheap cotton bags hav already replaced plastic bags here in Chennai big bazar.But this sounds great.thanks for sharing mean
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.