I reside in Mumbai, where this festival of lord Ganpati is celebrated with great joy.

And specially this area of lalbaug, where this famous Ganeshji sit is the maximum crowd puller...

This festival started on september 11th and will get over by 22nd. In this duration lakhs of people comes for their Darshan.

Thousands of people are standing in the queue for 10-15 hours to touch their feet...

Anytime we see down there are same number of people standing let it be night 2'o clock...

Many celebrity, politicians, officers come for their darshan...

Yesterday EKTA kapoor has visited....
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
That is really great thing that you have oppurtunity to watch Ganapathi BAPA...in the most popular area of Mumbai...I think in Maharastra Ganesh chuturthi is celebrated very well like Durga puja in West Bengal...Thanks for sharing :)
I was in Mumbai for some time but didn't have a chance to vist Lalbaug which I suppose is located in the harbour line.Thanks Kavita for your information!
Thanks Kavitha for your information. Even in Hyderabad they celebrate Ganesh Chathurthi for 10 days. :) :)
This is festival time and in West Bengal Viswakarma Puja was celebrated yesterday and the preparations are in full swing for Durga Puja next month.
chinmoymukherjee wrote:
[quote]This is festival time and in West Bengal Viswakarma Puja was celebrated yesterday and the preparations are in full swing for Durga Puja next month.[/quote]

What is this Viswakarma puja Chinmoy? Is it celebrated only in West Bengal.
He is the architect of universe and the presiding god of all craftsmen and architects.The lord of creation.
Yes, One of my friend also told me, that peoples of Mumbai are most craziest fan of Ganesh Chaturthi
Different parts of the country have different festivals and herein lies the beauty of this country!
WEll its great to see the scene down as thousands of people are standing down and shouting in one voice..

GANPATI BAPPA MORYA...
Purcha Varshi Loukar Ya.

Thats means next year come soon
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.