Dear friends,

I would like to share a few items I used to get when their prices were very low.This has happened to everyone of us,and those days were the best!

1.Half litre of whole milk used to cost around Rs 5 .(can you believe it?)Now half litre of whole milk costs around Rs 22 and Half litre of Toned milk costs around Rs 20. :(

2.6 Pani puris costed Rs 1 once upon a time.(oooo that was great )We would get 4 pani puris for Rs0.50.Now the 'bundiwaala' gives For RS 5,Five pani puris :(

3.One hair cut and shave (for my father) costed only Rs 10. Now they are costing Rs 40 for only a hair cut!!!!

4.Vegetable puff was Rs 4 in the year 2000.Now in the year 2010,it costs Rs 16 :(

5.Popcorns at Movie theatre costs around Rs 15 for a bag around the year 2000,now it costs Rs 30 for a small bag!!!!

6.Half kg of Blackforest cake was Rs 80 in the year 2000 and now in 2010,half kg of Blackforest cake costs around 200 :(

7.In the normal theatre,the tickets used to cost around Rs 25 and Rs 50. Now they have increased to Rs 100 and Rs 150!!!

8.'Cornetto' by Kwality walls were Rs 20 only.With variety of tastes and flavours,it has become Rs 30!

Well,do share your experiences here :)

Swetha Shenoy
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
These are true Swetha.... Let me share the price of Gold... In 2005, it's cost is 8000. Now it is 19,500 :dry: :blink:
Swetha wrote:
[quote]5.Popcorns at Movie theatre costs around Rs 15 for a bag around the year 2000,now it costs Rs 30 for a small bag!!!![/quote]
Swetha, I remember Rs.2 for popcorn in my UKG :P :P :P

Thanks 'n' Regards,
Deepti.
That's quite a list Swetha!!

I remember a few year's back we used to get a guava for hardly Rs. 1 or maximum Rs. 2. Now a single guavwa will cost anything between Rs. 6 to 10.

Bananas that used to 10 a dozen now cost 30 to 40 for a dozen.

My most favorite wada-pav used to be available for Rs. 2 only now costs rs. 8 or 10!
:( :( :(

Sugar used to be 10-13 Rs per kg now is 34 Rs/kg :(

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

It's true the prices have gone up considerably and if you compare them with earlier years,the picture would appear more dismal!
nice analayisis i think u have much interest about prices and things that are going in the market!!!!!!
The older people can still give mention of much lower prices. But the incomes were also small. Now everyone gets more cash and has also to spend more. Bow there is no use of small coins like 5 paise, ten paise, twenty five paise. Once even one paisa had some value.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

I was travelling to Calicut free of cost and now it 22.50 !!!

Visit my blogs:

http://abidareacode.blogspot.com
Swetha,really a very good analysis.I am really shocked to see the price rise of dals which we use in our day today life. :( :(
older people still gives better differences..they talk about paise....

well in my school days sandwitch use to cost only rs.2

but these 3-4 years the prices has increased a lot....
@Abid

How did you travel to Calicut free of cost? Did you make it free of cost!!!!
It is very good analysis by Swetha..

Well said, prices are increasing so as taxes and everything should be bared with a salarly which will never increase..
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.