Let me point out wrong usage of the words 'writer', 'typist' and typewriter. A member asked how he can become a writer with 100 words per minute speed. He got a reply that practice could make one a good typewriter.

Let me explain that writer means an author and not one who types. So, it would be better to ask how he may be a typist with 100 words per minute or how he could increase typing speed.

Practice can make you a good typist. This may also make you a good writer in the sense that your writing skill, style and grammatical usage improves.

In brief:

Writer is an author. Typist is one who types. A typewriter is name of machine used to type.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Gulshanji,I knew you are pointing towards me . Towards my english. I am not at all good at english. From Now, i will try my best to write proper english.
I understood my mistake and thanks for correcting me.

Want to make each day Accountable

Thank you said by: kimberly Dsouza
Gulshanji,I knew you are pointing towards me . Towards my english. I am not at all good at english. From Now, i will try my best to write proper english.
I understood my mistake and thanks for correcting me.

Ronak Bhardwaj, I do not wish to point out your mistake personally. The intention is to enhance writing and language skill of all in the forum. The word 'writer' in place of 'typist' has not been used by you. Boddunan forum helps us to improve our language skills and writing power. we all need to share this Boddunan job.

If you find your mistake accidental or otherwise any time, you can correct this by using edit button below post.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Next time ,i will be very careful in writing and will avoid doing mistakes. Thanks for your co-operation.

Want to make each day Accountable

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.