Indian-American astronaut Sunita Williams has been selected to be on the crew for one of the four new International Space Station crews.

NASA and its international partners, the Russia Federal Space Agency and the Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency (JAXA), have assigned these crews.

The NASA astronauts include Joe Acaba, Sunita Williams and Kevin Ford.

Sunita will be the flight engineer for Expedition 32 in May 2012, and station commander for Expedition 33. Selected by NASA in 1998, she has logged in over 2770 flight hours in more than 30 different aircraft. Sunita's first space expedition was in 2006, where she was launched to the International Space Station aboard the space shuttle Discovery.

She has served as a flight engineer aboard the International Space Station. As a member of the Expedition-14 crew Williams established a world record for females with four space walks totalling 29 hours and 17 minutes of EVA. While in space, she broke the existing record by Shannon Lucid, setting a new record for females of 195 days in space.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Wow.... Really exciting News!!!! Our best wishes to Sunita for all her future projects.
Hey, I had chosen the category for Current Affairs for posting this thread! Somehow I think by mistake I must have clicke on the wrong one!
Can any one of the moderators please move this thread???

It's a great news for us. Wish her all success in this endeavor.
THAT'S REALLY GREAT...MY BEST WISHES TO YOU SUNITA WILLIAMS...
That's really a good news and we all should be proud of her.I wish Sunita All the Best.

websitesreview-meens.blogspot.com
Second Indian woman to go up in space after Kalpana Chawla, these daring ladies should be the role models for the young girls rather than Kareenas and Aishwaryas!!!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.