In respiration, the enzyme cytochrome 'c' oxidase present in the blood binds oxygen and transfers electrons to oxygen, converting it to water and simultaneously brings about the oxidation of ferrocytochrome 'c' to ferricytochrome 'c'. When the cyanide ion of potassium cyanide enters the bloodstream, it preferentially binds to the enzyme cytochrome 'c' oxidase and thereby blocks the oxygen binding site of the enzyme.

The electron transfer necessary for conversion of oxygen to water cannot occur and the oxidation of ferrocytochrome 'c' to ferricytochrome 'c' by the enzyme is inhibited. This stops respiration, leading to instantaneous death.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Good one buddy you are very informative and it is good to post in the right section.

http://myblogdeivigan.blogspot.com/
http://placementandinformations.blogspot.com/
Very good information, very useful too if and when I may want to poison someone to death!!

:woohoo: :woohoo:

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

hmm !!!kalayni i hope with your statement nobody will dare to visit your home for food.. :laugh: :woohoo: very useful explanation and information..
Though the chemical terms are bit confusing the concept of stopping respiration is clear. :) :)
Nice explanation, i know a bit about this, now everything clear to me.

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

since it is ver dangerous chemical which acts as poison kill humanbeings in seconds
[quote]hmm !!!kalayni i hope with your statement nobody will dare to visit your home for food.. very useful explanation and information..[/quote]

Hey Rajani, I was merely being sarcastic, you don't have to worry about it should you ever visit me!! :) :)

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

people use cyanide for killing a man or themself.if a person just taste it, immediately he die.

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.