why does one feel sleepy after a heavy meal? :ohmy: :huh:
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
One should not take very heavey meal and it will be difficult for digesting the same.
I think the digession process in our body takes a lot of energy which make us sleepy.

Visit my blogs:

http://abidareacode.blogspot.com
Abid
ok may be to somehow you correct consumption of energy is more,,, but it also more when we run and do some tired task , consumption of energy is more then why cant we feel sleepy in case of run.....?
sorry friend i have no idea about this topic so sorry.
when you have heavy meal , you feel relaxed and you hunger went away . so your body want to take rest as you had heavy food.thats why you feel sleepy

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

There is natural machine in our body. When we intake food,it starts and this may be the reason that we gets sleepy after heavy meal.

Want to make each day Accountable

It happens so because all the energy of our body is used for digesting the heavy meal and hence we get devoid of energy and feel tired and sleepy....
In our body two organ brain and intestine require more energy ( blood ) to work.. After eating heavy meal more amount of blood diverted to intestine this makes to feel sleepy...
sorry friend i have no idea about this topic so sorry.

Deepu- if you have no idea, you should not post. If you want to post, collect information from some source and then post.

Heavy food may even give stomoch pain and cause indigestion. Overeating compels your body to use extra energy for digestion and so you cannot use energy for work or even waking. So, you fall asleep.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

If you feel sleepy after eating, particularly after sweet or bakery products, you are normal. Eating sugary foods causes your brain to make large amounts of the neurotransmitter, serotonin, that makes people fall asleep naturally at night.

Eating sugary foods or those made from flour, such as bakery products or pastas, causes blood sugar to rise higher than normal. This causes your pancreas to release large amounts of insulin, which drives one of the protein building blocks called tryptophan from your bloodstream into your brain, where it is converted to serotonin that makes you feel sleepy.

Arise Awake and Rest Not till the Goal is Achieved.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.