The topic is locked.
It's true, no relation can exist without love or mutual respect.....at least respect of ideas, even if the other person is junior. In each relationship, how will you divide between them?
i.e. parents-kids relation, kids-parents relation, husband-wife, between lovers, between siblings, friends etc............also grand parents-grand children relations. A pretty big task :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:
Yet, let us work out!!! :P :P :P

Meera sandhu
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
There is more respect and less love for elders, fifty fifty for equals and more less and less respects for younger and children. You may love a kid 95% and respect 5%. You may respect grandfather 80% and love 20%. Your respect and love for wife and girl friend will be fifty fifty.

But such component cannot be exactly calculated as this is not a mix like cement and sand. .

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Yet, let us see how much, each of our members respect others :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :evil: :evil: :evil: :cheer: :cheer:

Meera sandhu
Yet, let us see how much, each of our members respect others :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :evil: :evil: :evil: :cheer: :cheer:

What do you like more- love or respect? You love because you like and you respect because you fear. I do not fear any one. So, why respect? I love all.

What do you like more- love or respect? You love because you like and you respect because you fear. I do not fear any one. So, why respect? I love all.

But I always have a feel in mind, relations won't grow stronger, if at least 1% respect factor is not added to it. Even our friends, if we respect and appreciate their nice decisions and ideas, he will also give the same.
That's why it's told, "Give respect and take respect" :) :)

Meera sandhu
I don't know the unit of love and respect. Thus I can't measure it or divide it according to percentage. I love my family and respect my family. I don't know how much or how less I love and respect them, not known to me.

But I always have a feel in mind, relations won't grow stronger, if at least 1% respect factor is not added to it. Even our friends, if we respect and appreciate their nice decisions and ideas, he will also give the same.

There is a famous couplet composed by a devotional saint poet- Bhaya bin na hoye preet gopal (There is no devotion without fear). Thus there is no respect without fear (may be small).

There is a famous couplet composed by a devotional saint poet- Bhaya bin na hoye preet gopal (There is no devotion without fear). Thus there is no respect without fear (may be small).

Sir, your idea is not clear to me. :dry: :dry:

Can you tell me, how respect is related to a feeling of fear?
Also, those whom we fear most.....I don't think we will love or respect them..... :evil: :evil: :evil:

Meera sandhu

Also, those whom we fear most.....I don't think we will love or respect them..... :evil: :evil: :evil:

We obviously do not love whom we fear. But there may be some element of fear also. We often fear the elders in family, priests in temples and teachers in school. This fears leads to respectful behavior. .

We obviously do not love whom we fear. But there may be some element of fear also. We often fear the elders in family, priests in temples and teachers in school. This fears leads to respectful behavior. .

But this fear factor is bit different from our fear towards parents, spouse, siblings etc.

I often feel love can give rise to respect also. :whistle:

Meera sandhu

But this fear factor is bit different from our fear towards parents, spouse, siblings etc.

I often feel love can give rise to respect also. :whistle:

Yes. Love also may be with respect. But this is actually appreciation of partner rather than respect. Your behavior will be friendly and very informal. When you are too close to some one, you become more informal and behave as equal. As a matter of fact, this respect is something like having pride in good qualities of your lover.

Thank you said by: Sandhya Rani
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.