Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
The discussion has turned more into relationships about mother and children, but times have now affected even other kinds of relationships as well. Especially with friends and next-door neighbours. During my growing up years, all the doors of houses in my neighbourhood used to be open always and all of us could come and go freely wherever we wanted. But now, even when people are at home, the doors as closed tight and will open only a wee bit at fixed times. If you wanted to be friendly with someone or catch up on the gossip, you now have to stick to those times!!! :blink: I really find it disturbing and damaging for the overall social fabric of the society!

I agree Kalyani, was the same in our ancestral home which had no front door, just a long verandah and an open courtyard in front which would have a temporary roof made of coconut fronds , we all would gather and exchange views.My children love to listen to those accounts since their own life style is totally different, mush more formal ...I guess both have their advantages and disadvantages, but one does feel nostalgic !

True Usha! There are of course both pros and cons to every kind of living situation, but when I think of my son and other children his age, I really feel a lot disappointed that they are being deprived of so many really humane, beautiful things in life, things that are required to make a well-rounded and sensitive persons, not just solitary, techno-savvy children of today who cannot even stand to have their own grandparents in their room! :blink:

In many families the interaction between grand parents and grand children is almost nil, which is really sad....The grand children dont really care nor do they want to have anything to do with anyone else other than their own family members and friends....Not sure where this is going to lead !

Where are the grand parents in this nuclear family days? Most of them are in old age homes.

The tragedy of modern day living ! :dry:

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

With time and maturity our relationships too change with people around us, especially with our spouses and children too...The problem with many parents is that they fail to realise that the children have grown and become independent and need space , so instead of bad mouthing them with others and grumbling all the time , if they take the trouble to understand them things would be far better as far as their interaction and future relationship is concerned...

Many people fail to see the dynamics of relationships and weave illusions around them to be shattered by real-life experiences. There has to be a fine balance between subjective and objective realities in shaping up our attitudes and stances.

Exactly ! people tend to live in a illusory world where others behave and act as they want them to, which seldom happens in real life ! There is a saying that the more freedom you give the less they want to fly...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

With time and maturity our relationships too change with people around us, especially with our spouses and children too...The problem with many parents is that they fail to realise that the children have grown and become independent and need space , so instead of bad mouthing them with others and grumbling all the time , if they take the trouble to understand them things would be far better as far as their interaction and future relationship is concerned...

Many people fail to see the dynamics of relationships and weave illusions around them to be shattered by real-life experiences. There has to be a fine balance between subjective and objective realities in shaping up our attitudes and stances.

Exactly ! people tend to live in a illusory world where others behave and act as they want them to, which seldom happens in real life ! There is a saying that the more freedom you give the less they want to fly...

That's absolutely true! Too much of freedom can lead to denial of it!!
Thank you said by: usha manohar
Freedom should be in limit.
Freedom should be in limit.

What freedom are you talking about. If you do not know even now how to understand a discussion and then reply accordingly, I would suggest you to not bother answering any of the threads!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

I think parents can be changed there thinking according to time and children's. Parents should be try to become best friends of their children's and not keep strict behavior on the children's
Being strict has its demerits especially after children reach a certain stage, this is true of any relationship, unless there is mutual give and take, no relationship prospers - Any kind of high handed behavior or dictatorial ways can only damage a relationship , sometimes beyond repair !

Being strict has its demerits especially after children reach a certain stage, this is true of any relationship, unless there is mutual give and take, no relationship prospers - Any kind of high handed behavior or dictatorial ways can only damage a relationship , sometimes beyond repair !

True, also there are so many cases we see where the children have gotten totally out of hand because of their overstrict parents. There has to be a certain balance between being strict and being lenient and if that can be achieved, then the relationships between parents and children will be harmonious.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.