:( :( Friends, my collegues often scold me for shaking my leg while working

I shake my leg when i sit for a long time before the computer, Come to think of it, is it okay? because parents scold me if i shake my leg

I got so habitutated to it tat i sleep by shaking the leg....does anyone else have the same problem? if so how do you overcome it?

I read about restless leg syndrome, but it is none of it.... :huh:

Swetha Shenoy
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

I shake my leg when i sit for a long time before the computer, Come to think of it, is it okay? because parents scold me if i shake my leg

I got so habitutated to it tat i sleep by shaking the leg....does anyone else have the same problem? if so how do you overcome it?

I too had the habit of shaking my legs. I too used to shake my legs till i slip into sleep. It used to be more pronounced when I anticipate something . For example during a cricket match in the last overs. Or when the announcer enters the stage with the prize winners list of an Art competition in which I took part.
I do not know when got rid of this habit.
Yes I had eaten lot of cane beatings on my knees from elders for shaking my legs.
There is nothing serious about it.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Even I shake legs when I am sitting. I am facing the same problem with my friends. But I think it is not a bad habit. I scold them in return that sitting idle is the bad habit. :laugh: :P

www.hashtutorials.weebly.com
Thank you said by: Kovid
Its not a restless leg syndrome, if it was that, then it would keep you awake. It is only a habit that you have acquired unconsciously. I know a few people who do that when sitting in one place, probably a sign of nervous energy and nothing serious. More likely because the rhythmic movement soothes you and helps you concentrate while working. When I am thinking I have a habit of revolving my chair continuously. It is more of a comfort factor.

I found a couple of links that might interest you!

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20061113143213AAZCoAj

http://www.themedicalquestions.com/psy/why-do-some-people-shake-this-legs-when-they-sit.html

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

I too had the habit of shaking my legs. I too used to shake my legs till i slip into sleep. It used to be more pronounced when I anticipate something . For example during a cricket match in the last overs. Or when the announcer enters the stage with the prize winners list of an Art competition in which I took part.
Yes I had eaten lot of cane beatings on my knees from elders for shaking my legs.

Everyone has some style of leg movement or posture. Some sit cross legged . Other would just walk after some break. Nobody can remain static all the time like a statue. Nothing wrong in moving legs. But this may look vgisibly odd to some.

I am amused in literal translation of caning- "I had eaten lot of cane beatings'. Obviously this is style of famous author Mulkh Raj Anand.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Everyone has some style of leg movement or posture. Some sit cross legged . Other would just walk after some break. Nobody can remain static all the time like a statue. Nothing wrong in moving legs. But this may look vgisibly odd to some.

I am amused in literal translation of caning- "I had eaten lot of cane beatings'. Obviously this is style of famous author Mulkh Raj Anand.

Eaten a lot of beatings is direct translation of Hindi "maine bahut maar khaya that" :lol: :lol: which makes the situation amusing and hard to understand outside India!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
I too was having the same habit, elders used to scold me. I decided to get rid of from this habit and tried this- stretch or cross legs while sitting down , in due course of time you will feel the difference.
I too was having the same habit, elders used to scold me. I decided to get rid of from this habit and tried this- stretch or cross legs while sitting down , in due course of time you will feel the difference.

I agree with that...I too tend to cross my ankles when I stretch my legs or keep them crossed which helps to get rid of this habit since I do shake my legs when I am thinking hard or concentrating !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I used this expression "I had eaten lot of cane beatings' intentionally to test the response from the members after reading a book "INDLISH" written by Jyoti Sanyal.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.