We are aware of the names of single animals or creatures. But we do not know what they are called in Groups. For example. We know an Owl. But a group of Owls are called?
See below. And for more amazing group names, see the link.
A group of unicorns is called a blessing.
Twelve or more cows are known as a "flink."
A group of frogs is called an army.
A group of rhinos is called a crash.
A group of kangaroos is called a mob.
A group of whales is called a pod.
A group of geese is called a gaggle.
A group of ravens is called a murder.
A group of officers is called a mess.
A group of larks is called an exaltation.
A group of owls is called a parliament.
http://www.globalone.tv/group/theoffbeat/forum/topics/absolutely-useless-facts
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Thank for the link. If parliament is group of owls in literal sense, I suggest that parliamentary proceedings may be held only in night without any lights for better visualization of facts and all aspects.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Exactly. I was also thinking like you. There is another thought that came in to my mind. In Hindi an owl is known as "Ullu" so our parliament can be called "ulluon Ka Ghar"
Exactly. I was also thinking like you. There is another thought that came in to my mind. In Hindi an owl is known as "Ullu" so our parliament can be called "ulluon Ka Ghar"

This is the most apt and correct description of the collection of birds of the unfeathered kind, a unique species found only in India! :woohoo: :woohoo:

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: rambabu

This is the most apt and correct description of the collection of birds of the unfeathered kind, a unique species found only in India! :woohoo: :woohoo:

Exactly. Actually an owl is not a foolish bird. But Indian owls also known as "Ullu" is a renowned fool. Our parliament is full of owls. Most appropriate word as you said.
Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

Exactly. Actually an owl is not a foolish bird. But Indian owls also known as "Ullu" is a renowned fool. Our parliament is full of owls. Most appropriate word as you said.

Owl is not known for folly so much as for inability to see in day and excellent vision at night. Those who can't see what is obvious are better compared to owl.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: rambabu

Owl is not known for folly so much as for inability to see in day and excellent vision at night. Those who can't see what is obvious are better compared to owl.

In the Indian context an owl or Ullu and foolishness are synonyms." Ullu Ka Pattha" is a famous abuse who lack brains. Anyhow as you said, an owl is not at all a foolish bird.
We are aware of the names of single animals or creatures. But we do not know what they are called in Groups. For example. We know an Owl. But a group of Owls are called?
See below. And for more amazing group names, see the link.
A group of unicorns is called a blessing.
Twelve or more cows are known as a "flink."
A group of frogs is called an army.
A group of rhinos is called a crash.
A group of kangaroos is called a mob.
A group of whales is called a pod.
A group of geese is called a gaggle.
A group of ravens is called a murder.
A group of officers is called a mess.
A group of larks is called an exaltation.
A group of owls is called a parliament.
http://www.globalone.tv/group/theoffbeat/forum/topics/absolutely-useless-facts

Parliament is a house of crorepathis and criminals across the country. It is mostly of senior citizens.

Born to express, not to impress.
http://royalrobsideas.blogspot.in/

If we take this attribute of the owls, which is the inability to perceive what is obvious, then also, the species of a unique kind that we are talking about can be called as a bunch or parliament of ullus. It is only this ability or inability and nothing to do with the wisdom of owls! :cheer:

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: RobertP, Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.