Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
usha manohar wrote:

I remember an incident that took place long back which was later discussed by some magazines then. EMS Namboodripad the scion of communism in Kerala also one of the first CM of Kerala , and AK Gopalan another equally famous communist party leader of Kerala attended a party meeting and later had to attend the thread ceremony of his nephew. There are such contradictions because one cannot disassociate the norms and traditions of the society we live in. With all that communism was looked up by the masses during that period because of the commitment show by the then leaders which is definitely not the case now..

A Communist as well as a rationalist or anti religion- all are born in some religious community and follow the rituals. The religious norms and rituals are almost ready made and come naturally. By becoming irreligious, one does not come out of religious community in which born. Personally, I don't believe in many religious rituals but I performed all rituals on my father's death as any Hindu would do.  I also feel that there is no harming performing and witnessing any rituals and customs. There is no need to oppose anything even if you don't agree. But we have to oppose and also motivate others when some ritual or custom is very unjust or inhuman.  For example, sati system, dowry, extravagant expenses on marriage and death should be opposed. We need not oppose the harmless rituals even if we don't agree.   

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Most of these parties border on dictatorship where they try to force their views on others like communism and marxism.. In India they cannot afford to banish temples and religious place because it would lead to a back lash and they may get banished . They have therefore taken a middle path which makes them like other parties with diluted ideologies.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.