Here is a Great Collection of Fables useful for both elders and children. These Moral stories cover, lesson Plans, Comments, uggesti0ns and   Morals.

These fables will be of Great help for Teachers.

http://www.aesopfables.com/aesopsel.html

Image result for Aesops Fables, Pics

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Cool... I m saving this link to tell my son stories... Does a fable mean short story??? Checked a few in the link provided and they were pretty short (sorry I am yet to post the question to Google)

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated - Confucius

Divya wrote:

Cool... I m saving this link to tell my son stories... Does a fable mean short story??? Checked a few in the link provided and they were pretty short (sorry I am yet to post the question to Google)

Yes, certainly it has to be a short story and animals are the main characters. You can say Panchtantra is also a fable because the characters are animals but its origin is India and written in Sanskrit whereas Aesop's Fables were written by a slave in Ancient Greece in Greek language.  

shampasaid

Thank you said by: Divya
Shampa Sadhya wrote:
Divya wrote:

Yes, certainly it has to be a short story and animals are the main characters. You can say Panchtantra is also a fable because the characters are animals but its origin is India and written in Sanskrit whereas Aesop's Fables were written by a slave in Ancient Greece in Greek language.  

Yes. A fable is a short story typically with animals as characters, conveying a moral. These Fables are very short with simple language. Ideal for Parents and Teachers.

Thank you said by: Divya

Of course these are well known ...we have our own Jataka tales and Panchatantra and Smart Chitra katha , some of which draw inspiration from these old tales. They focus on developing values in children and adults too..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Yes Panchatantra fables are equally good. They are considered as the " Wisdom of the Ages.".

http://www.talesofpanchatantra.com/works/complete

Panchatantra Stories in English, With Pictures

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.