In a country where one can easily over ride any law when you have power and money are these laws meant only for the powerless and the money-less ? More importantly other than health issues what exactly do these laws relating to liquor take  care of ?

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

In my opinion, there should be a higher age limit for consuming liquor as at a younger age, a person is more likely to be addicted to liquor than a person at a higher age. Although, consuming liquor for a very little amount, for example, red wine can benefit our health, in once in a while, but consuming liquor uncontrollably is harmful for health. At which quantity liquor should be consumed can be decided by a full grown up person who knows what is good and bad for him or her. At a higher age a person is assumed to know about his or her limits of consumption, although, there are always exceptions but mostly, a higher age person knows what is right and wrong for him or her and the society. I think there should be a higher age limit for consumption of liquor.   

In my opinion instead of age being lowered or increased, Alcohol should be banned and strictly adhered to the rule. I'm not sure if this rule can strictly adhered to. Because alcohol selling will generate quite a good revenue.to the State's exchequer.

Vishakha Purohit wrote:

In my opinion, there should be a higher age limit for consuming liquor as at a younger age, a person is more likely to be addicted to liquor than a person at a higher age. Although, consuming liquor for a very little amount, for example, red wine can benefit our health, in once in a while, but consuming liquor uncontrollably is harmful for health. At which quantity liquor should be consumed can be decided by a full grown up person who knows what is good and bad for him or her. At a higher age a person is assumed to know about his or her limits of consumption, although, there are always exceptions but mostly, a higher age person knows what is right and wrong for him or her and the society. I think there should be a higher age limit for consumption of liquor.   

There can be grown up imbeciles like Salman Khan too ...However, I feel that for most of the youngsters getting  drunk is just an adventure without actually going deep into its after effects etc. When age limit does not matter in bars and pubs how does help to increase ones age?

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

rambabu wrote:

In my opinion instead of age being lowered or increased, Alcohol should be banned and strictly adhered to the rule. I'm not sure if this rule can strictly adhered to. Because alcohol selling will generate quite a good revenue.to the State's exchequer.

I am agree with you alcohol should be banned. A country where more than 50% population is BPL, spending money by this class of peoples on alcohol is injustice with their families.

anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:

I am agree with you alcohol should be banned. A country where more than 50% population is BPL, spending money by this class of peoples on alcohol is injustice with their families.

A total ban would be counter productive since it gives rise to black market and other spurious ways of liquor sale . It can have its own repercussions and anyway banning is never a solution !

Age is for legal purposes .  Different persons start drinking at different ages due to different circumstances. It does not matter and is not linked to one becoming an alcoholic.

anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Addiction to Alcohol has ruined many families. But an addict cannot stop drinking. At he same time, it cannot be completely banned too. Government loses a big deal of Revenue. How far total banning of alcohol and tobacco based products like cigarettes or Gutkha or Khaini could be prevented. Sales will go on and the deaths due to these also will be going on.

usha manohar wrote:
anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:

A total ban would be counter productive since it gives rise to black market and other spurious ways of liquor sale . It can have its own repercussions and anyway banning is never a solution !

Other opiate like cokine, smake are banned but peoples are still using these. So it is fair to lift bane on these?

True, there are some tribals who feed country liquor or even weed to small babies to keep them quiet because of their own helplessness . The children grow up to be either full blown alcoholics or addicts or some get totally weaned out of it when they become adults. Some toddy stores here have school children , mainly the owners sons or relatives selling toddy and some of them never taste what they are selling ..

anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Other opiate like cokine, smake are banned but peoples are still using these. is it fair to lift bane on these?

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.