Career choices depend entirely on demand and popular choices. There was a time when all middle class parents wanted their children to be software professionals or doctors . But now the preferences have changed and students do not hesitate to take up  more challenging professions .

Bill Gates who was himself a college dropout not because it was beyond him , has given his own take on what would be an ideal choice of study taking into account the future demand!

Share your own views ..

http://m.gadgetsnow.com/tech-news/bill-gates-reveals-what-hed-study-if-he-were-a-college-freshman-today/articleshow/58699184.cms?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=TOI

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

I think we should have our own opinion on our future studies.On that opinion we can take advice of successfull person.

Thank you said by: rambabu

Our choices too get conditioned depending on many outside influences. As long as these influences and opinions are positive they help us by shaping our future choices and when a person like Bill Gates comes with a suggestion it is not done without having gone deep into it !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

People's perspective about career opportunities has changed a lot. Its a buffet of opportunities out there and most importantly, parents and students are aware of it.

I agree with what the great man has to say about streams that students can choose. Aeronautical engineering, Artificial Intelligence, Bio-sciences have great potential for the future. Unfortunately, these fields are not as popular in India as they are in countries like US, Japan, China. If allowed to flourish, these can give a much needed boost to our country's economy. As it is, we have a plethora of talent here.

“There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it.” 

Oscar Wilde

I agree with all the suggestions that come from knowledgeable sources but I would do what is within my limit or range of action.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

suni51 wrote:

I agree with all the suggestions that come from knowledgeable sources but I would do what is within my limit or range of action.

That is understood ..

Abhishek Sharma wrote:

People's perspective about career opportunities has changed a lot. Its a buffet of opportunities out there and most importantly, parents and students are aware of it.

I agree with what the great man has to say about streams that students can choose. Aeronautical engineering, Artificial Intelligence, Bio-sciences have great potential for the future. Unfortunately, these fields are not as popular in India as they are in countries like US, Japan, China. If allowed to flourish, these can give a much needed boost to our country's economy. As it is, we have a plethora of talent here.

To a great extent Indians still prefer to take up safe career options . We do see people taking up jobs to do with traveling and food much more than before and the same with agriculture. In my own city I know of quite a few highly educated youngsters who have opted to take up agriculture , since they have ancestral land , using their knowledge to experiment . They have been very successful ..

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.