We live in a society where often we are misjudged for our actions without knowing the intentions behind those actions. The root of judging is not physical but rather psychological. According to research, we often bear two questions in mind when we meet a person for the first time-first being "Can I trust this person?"and second-"Will this person be useful to me in near future?".We humans are quite selfish rather than being selfless despite being called highly intellectual beings. The intentions are selfless but if the actions aren't right no one cares about your intentions. That's why people often tend to prefer maintaining some distance when connecting with people.Relationships are sometimes affected because it often happens that one partner misjudges the other's associate's and things get complex. This is the case with everyone that they face at some point in their life.So the question arises...how do we stop this? We can do it in a number of ways like- Stop overthinking, as it creates problems that won't happen at first place.We can also keep a growing,learning,developing attitude rather than being stubborn and reluctant.Having an optimistic approach with low expectations and maximum efforts(also smart approach) This way we can succeed through any obstacle we face in our lives.

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Hi Aditya welcome to the forum .Very good points and topic as well. I agree with what you say , human beings are indeed selfish and self centered , sometimes to a point of being greedy and shameless. 

In some cases however, misjudging might happen because of previous experiences which makes people wary when they come across unknown people. But , by and large it is better not to go by first impressions.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Welcome Aditya

There is no harm in being cautious when you are not sure about the person's intention. But being cautious shouldn't stop us from being friendly when we meet person for the first time.

As you said, relationships get affected due to misjudgement. Yes, it is very true among many relationships and to them, I would suggest that they must have an open discussion. It is an integral part of any relationship to remain healthy. Both the partners should talk over just to avoid any complication and that's how relationships should be nurtured and enjoyed.           

shampasaid

I agree. Owing to misjudgement many relations are at rocks. One must be careful in this regard

It usually holds true that the first impression is the last impression in most of the people's mind. I would say it does not work in the present scenario. Life is not simple anymore and quite naturally people are burdened with mood swings, there is a rise of dissatisfaction, as well as inner confrontation, is at peak. Thus, to come to a conclusion about a person we must interact for a certain period of time and then form an opinion. 

shampasaid

It will work in the present s, provided as you said.

The main motto of judging is should be not favorable for favorite persons if it is not correct. Should focus on which is correct. Judgement which also connect with our original qualities. We should be bold, genuine and which is good and bad.

LAUGH, IF YOU ARE WISE.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.