Salman Rushdie could face bundling back if he landed in Kolkata. This speaks volumes about state of democratic rights in the country.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/India-news/NewDelhi/Mamata-ordered-cops-to-block-my-Kolkata-trip-Rushdie/Article1-1004898.aspx

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Salman Rushdie could face bundling back if he landed in Kolkata. This speaks volumes about state of democratic rights in the country.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/India-news/NewDelhi/Mamata-ordered-cops-to-block-my-Kolkata-trip-Rushdie/Article1-1004898.aspx

This is truly terrible state of affairs and all parties are one and the same. I remember Taslima Nasreen too was meted out the same treatment by the Leftist Government. Bengal once led the country when it came to brainstorming with free thoughts and ideas and now it looks like a ' walking shadow'!!!
Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
It is astonishing that Javed Akhtar a well known film personality and known for his secular and liberal thoughts has given untimely sermon on need for introspection saying that no freedom is absolute.

http://www.indianexpress.com/news/freedom-not-absolute-introspection-needed/1068313/

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Salman Rushdies controversial Satanic verses is at best a mediocre novel and if not for ll the furore it created when it was published, would have probably be just another novel.But the muslim fundamentalists made sure that Rushdie became a well known International figure and also was able to amass wealth, although lost his freedom of movement for a number of years because of the Fatwa against him.The cause off all that frenzy was right here in India, mainly in Kashmir , Hyderabad and other cities from where it spread to the Arabian countries...
Javed Akhtar has always been known for his double tlk, I have listened to him many times and felt that he is not as secular as all that...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
Salman Rushdies controversial Satanic verses is at best a mediocre novel and if not for ll the furore it created when it was published, would have probably be just another novel.But the muslim fundamentalists made sure that Rushdie became a well known International figure and also was able to amass wealth, although lost his freedom of movement for a number of years because of the Fatwa against him.The cause off all that frenzy was right here in India, mainly in Kashmir , Hyderabad and other cities from where it spread to the Arabian countries...
Javed Akhtar has always been known for his double tlk, I have listened to him many times and felt that he is not as secular as all that...

I agree that all these bans, hype just work for the person in the eye of the controversy!! Rushdie must laughing heartily within himself and grateful too to his critics!!! :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:
I donn't know what is right. The organiser is saying that they did not invite him. One minister is saying that he has refused to accept. CM is saying nothing was happened such. God knows who is right?

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in

I agree that all these bans, hype just work for the person in the eye of the controversy!! Rushdie must laughing heartily within himself and grateful too to his critics!!! :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:

Going into hiding is small price to pay for becoming an international, well known figure and on the strength of controversies winning a booker's award as well...He even became attractive to women and has had many intimate affairs with top models less than half his age after that, so what more can one ask for?

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

With all said and done, with each controversy , the subject's popularity level rises
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.