Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

No doubt, very good record. Let us see the follow up. If this is just one day affair like 'Swachata abhiyaan' there may not be useful results on long term basis. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: rambabu
Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:

No doubt, very good record. Let us see the follow up. If this is just one day affair like 'Swachata abhiyaan' there may not be useful results on long term basis. 

Very true sir. This interest, zeal and enthusiasm should last for ever. Otherwise , Yoga day will become another yearly event and remembered only once in a year.

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani

Absolutely, now it is permanent as on June 21 would be celebrated a international yoga day and the way people performed in Raj path is a brilliant spectacle and lovely to realize such age old tradition of India is now being backed fully. 

http://mohanmekap.com/

The point is this yoga day should be made an everyday affair. Else it becomes just another yearly event.

I dont know about other places but here in Mangalore Swatch Bharat has really taken off and we see a noticeable difference now with streets without plastic and garbage cleared regularly and so on...So I feel that Yoga too  would have the necessary impact since it is afteral , all to do with ones health and well being 

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I hope so. Because most of such events are forgotten the very next day the event is over. It will be remembered only after an year. Here too in vizag, the Yoga day was observed with lots of enthusiasm and interest. The best part of the Yoga Day was Muslims who were opposing Yoga too participated.

When will we stop looking at events as Hndus and Muslims. Just because some political muslims opposed yoga does it mean all muslims are against it and just because a few Hindu politicians spoke in favour does it mean all Hindus are for yoga. The truth as usual is somewhere in between. Ram Madhav also fell into this colored vision regarding Vice Presidents absence at Yoga function and had to withdraw his infamous tweets. What is use of having a supple body thru  Yoga but a polluted mind. Anyway a 90 year old Dadaji passed away and went to haven where he saw beautiful apsaras dancing. He burst into tears and said if only I had not started practicing yoga i would have come much earlier. Choice is yours!!!

No all Muslims are  not against against yoga. And all Hindus are not believers of yoga. Irrespective of believers, Yoga is therapeutic quintessence of ancient India which has no religious links.

rambabu wrote:

No all Muslims are  not against against yoga. And all Hindus are not believers of yoga. Irrespective of believers, Yoga is therapeutic quintessence of ancient India which has no religious links.

There is another aspect of Muslims less participating in Yoga day activities. They are on Roja fast during Ramadsan. It is certainly not advisable to do more physical exercise while on fast.  Except Surya namaskar and utteances of 'Om' and some mantras, Yoga is acceptable to all. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

There may be exceptions. And yogic exercise like Surya namaskar should be avoided on Roja period. Surya namaskar and Mantras are optional. if one don't want to they need not chant mantras. Still yoga will not lose its curative characteristics.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.