Religion intolerance has no boundaries and this is amply proved by the recent developments where Oscar winning Composer A R Rehman was hounded by the fundamentalist Green brigade Islamic groups for composing music for an Iranian film named Muhammad : Messenger of God. They have issued a Fatwah against him and the other crew who have worked in the film...It is to be recalled that in the nineties in a similar incident Salman Rushdie was issued a Fatwah for writing about Mohammad the prophet in his book Satanic Verses.He had to remain imprisoned in his house in England for years together since a kill order with a ten million pound bounty was sent out ...

http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/fatwa-against-ar-rahman-for-film-on-prophet/article7642275.ece

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

There is no comparison between Salman Rushdie and Rehman. There is no fatwas to kill him. Only error has been pointed out and reqyuired to read kalma again and perform marriage ceremony again. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Initially the tone of their threat was different but with the intervention of the media and other moderate voices the Green Brigade seems to have cooled down and climbed down to more reasonable terms..However, one cannot overlook the intolerance part of it which one can see in all religious groups.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I am sorry sir but I haven't understand the meaning fatwah what does it mean sir does it mean dishonourable to ones community or religion

bhuyali saroj

Fatwah means a legal opinion or ruling issued by an Islamic scholar;

By the by if you don't have any idea of the subject,  better don't attempt to respond. The meaning of Fatwa can be found in any online dictionary. Sorry for saying this.

Now you can answer the thread.

bhuyali saroj wrote:

I am sorry sir but I haven't understand the meaning fatwah what does it mean sir does it mean dishonourable to ones community or religion

Who is sir ? anyway ,  the word "fatwa" actually means- It is an Arabic word, and it literally means "opinion".People often hear that a Muslim cleric or scholar has issued a "fatwa". In some cases, this word has been associated with very negative things, such as a death sentence on a person or a severe punishment. 

Why are the fundamentalists of all colors green or saffron arrested and  prosecuted by the governments esp BJP because Congress is supposed to be pseudo secular. Both Congress and BJP lack guts and are happy that such polarisation is taking place. The country seems to be interested in the past and seems to be going into the past. Fatwas are not binding and should not be taken seriously just as advice of saffron brigade on population increase etc should not be taken seriously.

I wish the government(s) had the guts to take a firm stand when such issues crop up instead of dillydallying and letting the matter take its own course. If for once they segregated their vote bank politics and looked at the issue purely based on humanitarian grounds and the effect it has on the society as a whole ,a lot can be achieved besides sending a warning signal to all fundamentalist groups ..

usha manohar wrote:
bhuyali saroj wrote:

Who is sir ? anyway ,  the word "fatwa" actually means- It is an Arabic word, and it literally means "opinion".People often hear that a Muslim cleric or scholar has issued a "fatwa". In some cases, this word has been associated with very negative things, such as a death sentence on a person or a severe punishment. 

Not is some cases , this word is mostly used by the fundamentalists. Order of Khapp Panchyat in India is also fatwa.

anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
bhuyali saroj wrote:

Not is some cases , this word is mostly used by the fundamentalists. Order of Khapp Panchyat in India is also fatwa.

Of course the word may be used by one community but the meaning and the tone is the same in all fundamentalist groups ..

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.