This is an ongoing issue with the intellectual brigade read to bash Hindus and Hindutva and the minority appeasing politicians. When you have so called social workers like Setalvvad and her type ready to mint and divert funds through their NGOs wit the support of the previous ruling and now  opposition party , they wd go to any length to abuse and insult Hindus. Her plea to consider the 1995 judgment , to reconsider the term Hindutva and to ban its use in elections. Thankfully the Supreme court has turned down her plea, saying that Hindutva is a way of life and not a religion !

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Supreme-Court-says-it-wont-reconsider-1995-judgment-defining-Hindutva-as-way-of-life/articleshow/55045616.cms&gws_rd=cr&ei=WbIQWJKSCob5vgSUyJXoAw

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Hindutva or any religion for that matter is a way to life and should not used for any political gain. Religion is a personal choice and personal faith. It can not be preached or neither can be forced. It is unethical to use religion for political gain. Development and only development should be used as an agenda to fight elections.

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

@ rambabu what kind of a crap response is that? Parroting what I have already given in my post..

Religion should be a personal issue, now after communalising  it for personal gains, it is difficult to think or say  that religion should not be made an issue in politics or electioneering,while actually it is one of the main issues for our politicians 

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:

@ rambabu what kind of a crap response is that? Parroting what I have already given in my post..

Religion should be a personal issue, now after communalising  it for personal gains, it is difficult to think or say  that religion should not be made an issue in politics or electioneering,while actually it is one of the main issues for our politicians 

That is the sad part of being in a secular country. Our politicians lack other grounds to ask for vote. They fail to govern or fulfill the promises and so every now and then fall back to the age old crutches of religious sentiments of people. They also directly or indirectly promote the fanatic religious groups who very well know how to create communal disharmony and use it for vote bank.

I hope the politicians take the message seriously- not to politicize religion.

I was adding about Setelwad's petition . Congress is afraid that BJP may use Hindutva in the forth coming elections. In the mean time there was an interruption in my Computer. I read the Article. SC will decide whether the Hindutva can be used in the elections or not

Rightly or wrongly we get to see Hindu groups retaliating quite strongly now because they are fed up of years of step motherly treatment meted out to them by the political parties and other related groups. 

Hindutva may be way of life but this is religion as well. Otherwise when somebody changes to Islam, why you call this conversion. One may convert from one religion to another and not from way of life to religion.  also in official documents, people write their religion as Hindu or Muslim or something else. If Hindu is simply a way of life and not religion, why this should be written in column meant for religion. Like a typical religion, Hindus have a way of worship, marriage routine etc.  

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Here the focus is on Hindutva and not on Hinduism...Hindutva is a,wY of life followed by people living in Hindustan. If we see even Christians and other minorities follow many Customs and traditions because it has become inherent to people living in this region. I am sure the Supreme court has looked at the broader context while giving it's verdict.

Hindu word never used in Veda, Upnished, Ramayana, and others. Indeed religion which people of India are following before reaching other religion here are Santam Dharma. Hindu word is Pharsi word.

When Supreme court mentions Hindutva, it clearly discriminates it from the religion Hinduism. It has made clear that it is a way of life for people living in Hindustan and it should not be used for political gain. I totally agree that none of our holy books mention the term Hindu

Arunima Singh wrote:

When Supreme court mentions Hindutva, it clearly discriminates it from the religion Hinduism. It has made clear that it is a way of life for people living in Hindustan and it should not be used for political gain. I totally agree that none of our holy books mention the term Hindu

British who used this word for the original People, who are living here before 7th AD, residence of this piece of Land. 

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.