Dear Usha, I said both UPA/NDA are equal culprits, they both are same, Divided by ideology but United in corruption. Make no mistake both loot us alike, both are equally corrupt. If you allege me of targeting NDA, I can also allege you that your single-minded aim seems to support NDA even if they indulge in gross malpractices. Let us not go there and let us stick to EVM issue. My POV is we need fair elections, it's about democracy, it's about voters rights. Please contemplate, Is supporting particular party larger than Nations interest for you. Let us not make this issue of one party versus the other, it's about voters versus corrupt political system, who can go to any extent to grab power. FYI those 10 to 15 instances which happened post-demonetisation were not exposed by EC, it was exposed by people, activists, and the media. Before giving green signal to EC, please know the blunders committed by EC in recent past, they are:
1. Why did EC give Servicing and maintenance job to BJP's Sumitra Mahajan son owned firm? This is a huge conflict of interest. A nonpartisan individual or group should be given this task, not to one who he is from a political party. In the name of maintenance how difficult for them to tamper EVMs, I am a technical guy, all it takes is 3 to 5 mins, all they need to do is either change motherboard or display which has their programming favouring their party.
2. Why is EC still using Gen 1 EVMs when they have already bought thousands of Gen 3 EVMs.
3. Why is EC still using Gen 1 EVMs without VVPAT, even when SC has made VVPAT mandatory
4. Why is EC used same Gen 1 EVMs which were used in UP elections all over India, as per rule of law at least 2 months gap should be their same EVMs should not be used, but EC is violating this law and using same rigged EVMs to benefit one party.
5. If EC thinks EVMs are tamper-proof then why is EC backing out EVM hackathon, why they're not inviting people who wish to hack or tamper EVMs, they fear they will be exposed.
So, in short what I want to state is Gen 1 EVMs are definitely rigged and let us not fool around, like I said before I've all the loopholes of EC and EVMs.
Then the decision to lose in Punjab, Bihar and recently in West Bengal was a deliberate one by BJP!. How ridiculous can a technical guy can get is demonstrated by you in your above post. I agree the conflict of interest issue raised by you but rest is trash.
1. EVMs are not computer-like machines and are NOT part of a network. These are standalone counting machines so hacking is not the word to be used for them. The EC will be announcing the date for the "challenge", only that it won't be called hackathon.
2. A supposedly "technical" guy from the AAP wasted the precious time of the Delhi Legislative Assembly when he got an EVM lookalike and fed in some codes to show it can be tampered with. What he used was an electronic toy with which he and his friends can play "election election" in their free time. No one can get hold of the authentic EVMs used in the voting process. Make no mistake, every video on youtube out there, claiming to be "EVM hacking video", is fake.
3. Regarding the point made about the motherboard, FYI the EC conducts a mock poll before every elections where representatives or agents of the candidates are present. They cast their vote, verify the result in front of the officer and sign on the seals.
4. Later the machines are taken to the strong room which is under surveillance 24x7 and guarded by officers as well as the representatives of the candidates.
5. No one can tamper the EVMs while voting as it requires the technical know how as well as a considerable amount of time. Most importantly, the data on the microchip in the EVM is non- rewriteable.
6. If EVMs can be tampered, then it means BJP let Congress win in Punjab.
7. Suppose they miraculously find a way to tamper it. There are more than hundreds of polling booths in a city. It would require hundreds even thousands of people to be involved in the plan in order to affect the electoral process. One or two people won't be able to force a result. With so many people involved, it is impossible for the whole thing to remain a secret. After all this is India.
8. All the allegations are based on one principle- Any electronic device can be tampered with. Now, VVPATs use printers, which is also an electronic device. So that means even VVPATs are not fool-proof. What are we left with? The slow and tedious system of Paper Ballots!
“There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it.”
Let's hope so, they must dump rigged Gen 1 EVMs and use Gen 3 EVMs which they have recently procured and attaching it to VVPAT.
Is there any guarantee that Gen 3 EVMs are absolutely fool-proof or if they can rig Gen 1 what stops them from rigging the latest version? If you think VVPAT or VPR is perfect then better go for old paper version and make things more complicated.
I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work