What is your opinion on Yogi government's decision to change the name of Allahabad to Prayag ?

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Paryag is also well know like Allahabad. I think it is not a big matter, when Bengolre can be bengluru, Bombay can be Mumbai than why Allahabad can be Paryag.

Thank you said by: arjun sai, Kalyani Nandurkar

I hope the condition of the place also changes for good. Changing the name has not done much in past except restoring our old cultural names.

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Thank you said by: arjun sai

For me it won't make much of a difference. Varanasi is still Banaras for me, Bangalore sounds better than Bengaluru to me Mumbai is still Bombay and  I can't remember the spelling of Thiruvananthapuram,  so I feel better calling it Trivendrum. Same will be the case with Allahabad where I stayed for 5 years during my college day

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

suni51 wrote:

For me it won't make much of a difference. Varanasi is still Banaras for me, Bangalore sounds better than Bengaluru to me Mumbai is still Bombay and  I can't remember the spelling of Thiruvananthapuram,  so I feel better calling it Trivendrum. Same will be the case with Allahabad where I stayed for 5 years during my college day

I too feel the same ...I still refer to Chennai as Madras and we from Mangalore wanted it to be changed to Kudla which is what it was called centuries ago rather than be called Mangaluru . But for politicians sitting in Delhi and Bangalore , totally unaware of the local sentiments , what matters is glory for themselves and their names associated with change , local sentiments be damned !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Maybe it won't make a difference much of a difference but if we wish to portray the true history of India and our Sanatani roots, then why keep names that were given after Islamic invaders? I think Prayag would be a better name than Allahabad, and from what I have heard from my UP friends, Yogi is indeed making a lot of improvements for better. Truth is that UP is in such a severe mess that it will take time to clean it up.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: suni51

In fact Prayag is an adjacent town like Kashi near Varanasi so  both names are already in use here. There was also a move to change the name of Varanasi to Kashi but it backfired.  Beside the government will have to change names of all cities of UP if we go by this formula. All the cities in UP had a different name baring a few before Islamic era.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar, arjun sai
suni51 wrote:

In fact Prayag is an adjacent town like Kashi near Varanasi so  both names are already in use here. There was also a move to change the name of Varanasi to Kashi but it backfired.  Beside the government will have to change names of all cities of UP if we go by this formula. All the cities in UP had a different name baring a few before Islamic era.

Name of city of village must be changed only for valid region. I think it is not good practice to change name which are named by Muslim ruler.  Islamic era is also history of India. Some time people have attachment with old name than name may be changed. Some time name is much odd. Here in my area name of one village is Kaminpura. It is odd name, it must be changed.

suni51 wrote:

It is right after changing name people call name as per their convince. People of Jaipur called Jaipar.

usha manohar wrote:
suni51 wrote:

I too feel the same ...I still refer to Chennai as Madras and we from Mangalore wanted it to be changed to Kudla which is what it was called centuries ago rather than be called Mangaluru . But for politicians sitting in Delhi and Bangalore , totally unaware of the local sentiments , what matters is glory for themselves and their names associated with change , local sentiments be damned !

When local resident of city or town wants another name than what is problem with politicians sitting is Delhi and Bangalore.

anil wrote:
suni51 wrote:

Name of city of village must be changed only for valid region. I think it is not good practice to change name which are named by Muslim ruler.  Islamic era is also history of India. Some time people have attachment with old name than name may be changed. Some time name is much odd. Here in my area name of one village is Kaminpura. It is odd name, it must be changed.

Islamic era is indeed a part of our history but it is not history that we can be proud of at all. So I think changing those names is a good practice, all the Islamic conquerors for whom the cities have been named were without exception, tyrants and took pleasure in destroying temples, committing sacrilege of Indian dieties, raping Hindu women and children and then, as a mark of their presence , changing the name of their places to their own. We do not need a reminder of that bloody and shameful past. We need our original, meaningful Hindu names so our children can be proud of our roots and to some extent, we can put a stop to growing Islamization that we now see in everything. Changing name of cities is nothing to be ashamed of or even something that is looked at as being unnecessary. It is not, it is necessary to assert our country as a Hindu state, the threat of so-called secularism can only be checked when India is declared a Hindu state, because being secular only means being tolerant to Christians and Muslims while persecuting Hindus.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.