It seems that the Tamilnadu government decided that the criteria for getting a driving license is that the person should have passed minimum 8th standard.

I think this is not a good decision. Nowadays even experienced persons finds it difficult to drive in the traffic. How a small boy can drive?

Please share your views on this !!!

websitesreview-meens.blogspot.com
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
A pass in eight standard is okay for driving licence. But the minimum age for driving licence must not be less than eighteen years. The licence should be issued to physicall fit who have adequate training in motor driving and safety measures.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

I agree with Gulshan that as far as minimum academic qualification is concerned 8th standard is just enough but the minimum age should be put at a higher level.
The minimum academic qualification of 8th std pass is okay for obtaining licence, but that person should be rigorously tested to ensure that he is able to read all the road signs and essential maps etc.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Most of the road accidents occur in India mostly because of rash driving,poor maintenance of vehicles and terrible road conditions and there are several agencies involved and these are all corrupt bodies.Thus raising the academics qualification or age of the licence holder is not going to bring about any qualitative change in the situation.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.