The president of India in a presidential ordinance has superseded the council headed Mr.Ketan Desai who brought this council into great disrepute by his humongous fraudulent and corrupt acts and caught by the CBI recently.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Yes...have seen the news... And that a separate council is appointed to investigate all the medical colleges....

Thanks 'n' Regards,
Deepti.
I think it was long overdue and let us hope the new members would undertake a full and complete investigation into the shady and affairs of the Medical Council of India and restore its credibility and prestige.Its past president has thoroughly disgraced his office.
Yes --- The President has signed an ordinance to dissolve scam-tainted Medical Council of India...

Thanks 'n' Regards,
Deepti.
Yes it is good move. Although there would be many others who would have been working with Ketan Desai to amass immense wealth by following malpractices. Unless, all those are brought out into the open, the council should be directly under the ordinance of the president!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

The measure may not be that revolutionary as the Medical Council of India has been suffering from a life-threatening disease - corruption of an abominable kind.
The act of superseding the Medical council was minimum necessary. The problem is that we have very few honest and efficient people for manning key posts.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

I heard from my dad the person in charge accepted bribes to the tune of 3 crores from students for awarding them doctor's degree.

Click the below link for news which you can use:NeWsYoUCaNUsE
The Ketan Desai episode has proved beyond any shade of doubt that medical education in India has been in stinking mess.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.