Druk Pema School, 15 km from Leh town on the Leh-Manali highway, popular as Rancho's school after Aamir Khan's character in the film "3 idiots", was virtually washed away after two cloudbursts led to flash floods in the region on Friday. All 190 students in the school were evacuated.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
This is a serious calamity. Cloud bursts often occur in hilly places. Such calamities are unavoidable. The govt. is taking measures to provide relief to affected people.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

This is a very terrible incident indeed. situated at 13500 feet above sea level, the rescue efforts are greatly hampered by the touch climatic and geographical conditions.

Chetana, a request, could you edit the title of this post from Kashmir to Leh. Though close, the geographically correct location to write would be Leh and not Kashmir!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Before a cloud burst, +ve and-charges of water molecules accumulate on the oppositte sides which creates an electric field of very high potential difference and causes dielectric breakdown.
THIS WAS ONE OF THE WORST CALAMITY....AT LEAST 114 PEOPLE WERE KILLED AND ANOTHER 340 INJURED...MORE THAN 250 PEOPLE ARE MISSING...
Indeed a very bad calamity...i haven known this before..thanks for sharing
The floods have washed away hundreds of houses and left thousands homeless.......

LEH is located 11,500 feet above sea level........
Very unfortunate. Cloud burst i havent come across this name before.
aamir khan recently been to this school.......donated a great amount of money........

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.