The Civil Liability for the Nuclear Damages Bill, 2010 was adopted by the House by a voice vote after it rejected a CPM amendment that sought to fix the liability cap on suppliers in case of accidents at Rs.10,000 crore instead of the Rs.1,500 crore proposed in the measure.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Lok-Sabha-passes-Nuclear-Liability-Bill/articleshow/6433389.cms#ixzz0xfpU9agH
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
By rejecting the CPM amendment, the major parties- congress and BJP have only identified themselves with U.S.A administration and the tycoons ignoring public interest. The people will not get adequate compensation in event of calamity like Bhopal Gas leakage.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

We need some laws against the slow courts now. Don't blame the companies. Its not their fault that the law of the land and enforcement is pathetic.If Rupees 500 Crores is correct then its a small amount, and that I can agree with.
sajeetharan wrote:
[quote]We need some laws against the slow courts now. Don't blame the companies. Its not their fault that the law of the land and enforcement is pathetic.If Rupees 500 Crores is correct then its a small amount, and that I can agree with.[/quote]

We do not blame the companies. The security system in factories including foreign owned must be strictly monitored and care be taken to see that no disaster happens. The foreign companies are not always responsible for disaster. But when they are responsible, affected people must get adequate compensation according to international standards. The Indian lives cannot be considered cheaper than the foreigners'. It is agreed that foreign companies are not responsible for delay in our system.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Gulshan wrote:
[quote]We do not blame the companies. The security system in factories including foreign owned must be strictly monitored and care be taken to see that no disaster happens. The foreign companies are not always responsible for disaster. But when they are responsible, affected people must get adequate compensation according to international standards. The Indian lives cannot be considered cheaper than the foreigners'. It is agreed that foreign companies are not responsible for delay in our system. [/quote]

You are right Gulshan, it is our own responsibility to see that we protect our interests! But like in case of Union Carbide leakage, we will just have to cross our fingers and pray that an Indian Chernobyl does not happen! Whatever the government may say and do, we can be sure that there are going to be lapses in the security and safety measures.
And again where corruption rules, we cannot be sure if all is well even if it is declared to be so by the administrators!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.