This thief's average monthly income pegged at Rs 3.6L

AHMEDABAD: When Irfan Shaikh, 35, started narrating his adventures, officials at Ellisbridge police station were wide-eyed. The reason was apparent: he confessed to having stolen goods worth Rs 25 lakh in seven months. It put his monthly earnings at Rs 3.57 lakh, more than some of the CEOs in the city. However, the 'modest' man used to roam around on a battered scooter.

According to police, it was an arrest that solved a number of cases. Inspector JB Gadhavi, who investigated the case, told TOI that seven cases with Ellisbridge police station have been detected but he is found to be involved in at least 20 daylight burglaries in Kalupur, Shaherkotda, Gaekwad Haveli and Danilimda.

"Shaikh was nabbed by vigilant residents of Vallabh Flats on Saturday when he went to steal goods. He was locked inside the house on second floor by the owner Dr Ajit Shah. Then he tried to climb down using a sari. However, local residents ran for help on hearing Shah's shouts. They called us and we nabbed Shaikh," said Gadhavi.

Shaikh turned out to be the man who had stolen Rs 15 lakh and Rs 7.7 lakh respectively from two houses in a matter of 45 days. "He used to roam around on his scooter between 12 noon and 4.30pm and search for locked houses. He would then use a screw driver and a small crowbar to break the locks and enter the house. He stole almost everything - money, jewellery, valuables and even dollars - from the house targeted. We have started the hunt for the jeweller who used to buy the valuables from him," said Gadhavi.

Another modus operandi involved theft on special days. "He knew that religious festivities meant more money at the house and frequent visits outside. He used days like Ramzan Eid, Muharram, Ganesh Visarjan and Rath Yatra to strike. We came to know that he was a gambler and also used to spend money on women. We are yet to recover the goods from him," said a police official.

Read more: This thief's average monthly income pegged at Rs 3.6L - The Times of India http://timesofindia.india times
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I totally disagree with the estimate! It's a gross underestimate!Thieves and thugs earn more than that in India.Even sky is not the limit!!!!
hmm!!! that is really surprised fact...i think they even bribe police office for leaving them ....
It is really surprising. I am in a totally confused state whether to believe it or not!!! ;) :) :)
I remeber a report appearing in the national press covering the case of an Income Tax official holding the rank of Commissioner(Appeal) who was caught taking bribe by CBI sleuths and it was found that he used to take a monthly bribe of Rs 10 lakhs from a party.But the funniest part was that he used to hand over Rs 5 lakhs to his wife and when his wife came to know the actual figure of Rs 10 lakhs from the press report she was furious! The poor fellow was caught by the CBI and his wife both!!!
Oh millionaire thief!!!But he will not have any peace as always fear police.

Visit my blogs:

http://abidareacode.blogspot.com
They get the peace but in pieces!!

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Software Engineers never die...They just go offline.

http://jokesthegreat.blogspot.com
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.