Googlebot is the search bot software used by Google, which collects documents from the web to build a searchable index for the Google search engine. When you search for sites that display your IP, you will often see the googlebot's IP address.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
If a webmaster wishes to restrict the information on their site available to a Googlebot, or another well-behaved spider, they can do so with the appropriate directives in a robots.txt file, or by adding the meta tag <meta name="Googlebot" content="nofollow" /> to the web page. Googlebot requests to Web servers are identifiable by a user-agent string containing "Googlebot" and a host address containing "googlebot.com".

Currently Googlebot only follows HREF links and SRC links. Googlebot discovers pages by harvesting all of the links on every page it finds. It then follows these links to other web pages. New web pages must be linked to other known pages on the web in order to be crawled and indexed or manually submitted by the webmaster.
Google bot is nothing but spider, it is also know as crawler. which reads the webpage and gives page rank

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

Hi,

Googlebot is to find software bot used by Google, which collects documents from the Internet to build a searchable index for search engine Google.
When you search for sites that appear to be IP, you will often see the IP address Googlebot.
Nice information shared on Googlebot which is essential for any website to get viewed in google..but i heard that they are some problems by enable this option for website..IS it true?
If so what are they?
Nice information and thanks for sharing. Keep posting such new unknown stuffs. Really appreciating. :)
I hadn't heard this bot so far.But from the name itself its intention understood.

Visit my blogs:

http://abidareacode.blogspot.com
thanks to Abhishek Dua for sharing this information about googlebot which am hearing for the first time....
Simply google bot is nothing but a robot or spider or crawler which read the webpage and give page rank to the webpage.

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.