There are many experts in boddunan who have written wonderful articles with lot of information. I would like to know for all them how they select a particular topic and other article writing experiences such as how they started their first article etc.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Hi Rajani, though I am no expert and havn't written anything related to article writing on Boddunan, but I would like to share my approach with you. I normally write only on topics that I can rank for. And by ranking I mean top 3 spots in search engines as that is where the traffic comes.

So I select a broad topic and with the help of various keyword tools, drill it down to a micro topic that people are searching for and then write unique useful content and promote them.
Thank you said by: Rajani K
Arun,
That is really very good way and i hope boddunan articles are just for our satisfaction. Thanks for sharing your views and experience.
I just select a topic which figures most in newspapers. Recently, corruption and electoral reforms have been much discussed in newspaper and by Team Anna. So, I wrote article on article reform. I may also write on corruption. People generally search for current topics and so it is better to select a topic of current interest. Also you may write on some great personalities or historic figures who are relevant these days. I wrote articles on Mahatma Gandhi and Periyar. You may as well select Dr. Ambedkar, Raja Ram Mohan Roy, the historic figures. Many search for information on such personalities.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: Rajani K
Yes rajani i agree with gulshan ji he is more senior to us we must follow him.

Earn money just for joining in this site.

http://www.money-friends.net/users/profile/en/155119.html

Yes rajani i agree with gulshan ji he is more senior to us we must follow him.

Please do not follow me or any one for seniority. It is okay to read all and make your own mind. Apart from popular topics, it will be better to write on the topics in which you have interest.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you gulshan ji for sharing your views. I agree that newspaper topics are very good to select and it also creates traffic to the site. However, according to interest on can be more expressive.

@sasi share your own views , the way you select topics for articles.
Rajani, I usually select topics about things that I generally like or something that I have acquired information about recently. But then before writing I also make sure that the topics are relevant to today's time.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Well personally speaking I think anyone writing online for money should do both style of writing, that is write money articles and writing informational and interest based articles. I mix both and enjoy both styles. To be honest, whatever I do is my passion so I dont really get bored writing on any topic. If I don't have knowledge on the topic, I acquire it.

And secondly, I would advise anyone against writing on current topics if anyone is looking for a perpetual passive income. Current events only fetch traffic for few days and then no one searches for that info, and also for current topics competition is too high as leading online newspapers compete for it.

Though writing on current topics would certainly work on Boddunan, as you get paid upfront. You dont have to worry about traffic.
You see asa much articles as you can so that you get a good idea about the topic that you select.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.