In chemistry laboratory, we have seen different types of salts. What is a salt? Is it the same salt which we use for cooking purpose?
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Only Sodium chloride is used for our cooking devu......NaCl.
There are different types of salts available.
My father is doing fireworks business. Potassium Chloride is used for that purpose.(KCl). It's mixed with other chemicals and grinded to get mixtures of different colours and types. I don't know the purpose of other salts. Let me think, if any salts are used in fireworks industry.
Potassium Chloride is also white in colour and appears like our cooking salt, but its crystals are little large comparing to normal salt

Meera sandhu
Please check below link for knowing more about the salt:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salt_(chemistry)
Salts are ionic compounds commonly found in chemistry classrooms because of their availability and versatility. Ammonium chlorid,Sal ammoniac, salmiac, nushadir salt, sal armagnac, salt armoniack.It is used as a flavouring agent in some types of liquorice.

Sharmistha Banerjee
The colour of copper sulphate is blue. This is very interesting. The colour of copper is different. When it reacts with sulphur to form salt, it becomes blue.
Do you think bleaching powder is a salt?
I think it reacts with water to produce gas and salt.

Is it acidic in nature or basic in nature?
Sodium chloride or common salt is the chemical compound Nacl, composed of the elements sodium and chloride.

Sharmistha Banerjee
Sodium chloride or common salt is the chemical compound Nacl, composed of the elements sodium and chloride.

Yes iodised sodium chloride is used for cooking purposes.

Can you guess the chemical formula of a bleaching powder? :(
I listen sodium cloride as chemical salt but I do not know exact formula of salt which we buy from market for cooking food purpose.

Santosh Kumar Singh

http://experienceofknowledge.blogspot.com/

Sharmistha has mentioned the chemical formula of edible salt in the above post. It is Na Cl .
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.