The Recent news of deaths had 1 thing in common, Cardiac Arrest. Atleast most of the deaths had this cause as common cause of death.

Be it Sushma Swaraj, Arun Jaitley, Abdul Qadir more recently

Are Heart attack and Cardiac Arrest both different and what steps can a person take to prevent Cardiac Arrest? 

Life is like a boat in a sea, there is a lot to learn, so never close your mind to your limited experiences!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

I don't know too much about it but I read some in news paper about. In case cardiac arrest heart stop beating and supply of oxgene to brain interrupted. In cardiac attack hearts keep on beating, Cardiac arrest is more serious than cardiac attack,

As Anil mentioned cardiac arrest is more severe than heart attack as it occurs suddenly and affects more vital vital organs while heart attack starts developing gradually when the artery supplying blood to a part of heart is blocked. And if I am not mistaken, it eventually leads to cardiac arrest.

One way to reduce the possibility of suffering from heart attack is to eat healthy food, avoiding cholesterol rich foods.

Thank you said by: epraneeth77

Healthy food and an active lifestyle is very essential and we cannot compromise on any . I know of cases where very active individuals have had heat attacks which were fatal and you realize that they were not careful with their diet and were consuming liquor over the limit and smoking . So, it is a whole lot of different things ,including genetic factors that can make you vulnerable 

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Now a days people in the age bracket of 30-40 are more vulnerable and it is a very bad sign of health standard.

I think that taking supplements also can contribute to the Cardiac Arrest.

Life is like a boat in a sea, there is a lot to learn, so never close your mind to your limited experiences!

jabeen wrote:

As Anil mentioned cardiac arrest is more severe than heart attack as it occurs suddenly and affects more vital vital organs while heart attack starts developing gradually when the artery supplying blood to a part of heart is blocked. And if I am not mistaken, it eventually leads to cardiac arrest.

One way to reduce the possibility of suffering from heart attack is to eat healthy food, avoiding cholesterol rich foods.

Only with precaution we can save us from heart attack and cardiac arrest. In these days air, water and food all are polluted. Our life style also increasing risk of heart problem. BP problem, sugar problem and sleeplessness problem in beginning of heart problem. 

Yes,it is quite confusing.Both the terms are used interchangeably.When the blood flow to the heart is blocked,it is heart attack and cardiac arrest means,the heart does not function properly and it suddenly stops beating unexpectedly.

Healthy lifestyle certainly goes a great way in preventing cardiac arrest.Regular exercise,healthy food habits,maintaining a proper body weight,no smoking will certainly help.All health conditions should be treated properly.Abnormal heart rhythms should be controlled by medications.Family history should be tracked.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.