2 years ago
What is stress
I would say stress is nothing but a part of a human being. In fact, it can help motivate you to get things done. Being a student it's always good to have the stress of examination so as to repair well in advance to avoid burning the midnight oil??.
However, when stress becomes overwhelming it can have an adverse effect on your well-being⚠️. Stress may lead to mental health difficulties (for example, anxiety and depression) or increased physical health problems❌. So it is very important to reduce mental stress.
Talk to your doctor??⚕️ if it affects extreme your health. In the meantime, there are things you can learn to manage stress before it gets to be too much. A few of them are listed below:
- Meditation brings short-term stress relief as well as lasting stress management benefits.??
- Assert yourself. It’s okay to say “No” to demands on your time and energy that will place too much stress on you.?
- To start with, physical activity can help improve your sleep. And better sleep means better stress management.?♀️
- Getting in touch with your creative side may have been easy for you during childhood, but if you’ve lost touch now, it’s not too late to pick it up again.
- Connect with people. Spend time with a friend or family member who will listen to you. It is a natural way to calm you and lower your stress.♀️
- Laugh therapy. When you laugh, you take in more oxygen. Laughter also improves your immune system, lessens pain, and improves your mood for long periods of time.
Finding the best stress relief strategies may take some experimenting. Some strategies may take practice too. But it's important to keep looking for the tools that will help you manage life's inevitable ups and downs in a healthy way.