A father Emperor penguin withstands the Antarctic cold for 60 days or more to protect his eggs, which he keeps on his feet, covered with a feathered flap. During this entire time he doesn't eat a thing. Most father penguins lose about 25 pounds while they wait for their babies to hatch. Afterward, they feed the chicks a special liquid from their throats. When the mother penguins return to care for the young, the fathers go to sea to eat and rest.

This is a lesson indeed to the male species of humans who mostly leave the caring of their babies entirely to their wives!! :woohoo: :woohoo:
penguin_cuddle1.gif (You do not have access to download this file.)

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Interesting fact shared by kalyani! thanks for sharing it!
You are right Meean... I have seen once in Discovery Channel.....
The father penguins have a very great duty in protecting their little ones.. From the time when they are as eggs.. And the interesting fact is that the little ones see their father first :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtjmJc7ic1s

Have a look at this video to see how the father's carry their little ones on their feet. :)

Thanks 'n' Regards,
Deepti.
It is really interesting.But Kalyani, if we take lessons from animal kingdome, you,Meean,Deepti,Sudha,Chetana,Sridevi,Aastha etc will not have time to be in boddunan! :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Visit my blogs:

http://abidareacode.blogspot.com
Oh!!! :) Thats nice Abid...

Hope you would also join us there... :) :P :P :P :P :P

Thanks 'n' Regards,
Deepti.
Hey Deepti, thanks for the video, it was lovely!! :) :)

Abid, what do you mean we won't have time? :P In fact if our husbands looked after the babies we would have more time in fact!!! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

You are right Kalyani... :)

We are managing to spend some time here...

Sometimes I would not be able to come online only due to the reason that my kid is awake!!!.... If our husbands take care of them... We can be online here 24*7 :laugh: :laugh:
:)

Thanks 'n' Regards,
Deepti.
Father to Son - The CROW ????
The father was in the balcony at his 60s.

He asked the son who is on his laptop at his 30s.

He was reading the paper
Father saw a CROW on the grill

Father asked the son "what is that??"
Son said "it is a CROW"

Father after a while again reading the news paper some more time , asked the son "what is that??"
Son said , raising the voice, "it is a CROW, na"

Father again after a while continued reading paper and saw around , asked the son "what is that??"
Son said, "i said it is a CROW"
went near to father and turned his chair back and said - 'dont waste my time'

Father after some time again turned back and asked the son "what is that??"
Son took the father along with chair and locked inside the room and said "i am not going to answer you, will you please keep quite?"

Again father seeing through the window asked son "Beta what is that in the balcony on the grill"
Son got furious and shouted. I will kill you if u disturb me further.

Father said
"30 years back, i was on this chair reading my news paper, and u were on lap and u asked me hundred times ' what is there', and i answered all the time. I was happy and enjoyed answering you."
@DEEPTI AND KALYANI

Cooking and caring kids takes a little time only. Besides for washing and all we have machines. All these household tasks are jujubi for us males. Besides we can save a lot of money by kicking out door-to-door sales man who take all housewives for a nice ride on their poor husband's money.
Interesting video and fact shared by Deepti and Kalyani.Thanks for sharing.
very good video and fact shared by deepti and kalyani.....

thanks for sharing..........

good post............

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.