Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
usha manohar wrote:
anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:

At a very young age, I had seen the Movie Shabab, starring Bharat Bhushan and Nutan in the lead roles. Naushad composed Music. Rafi's song Mehalon Me Rahane Wale was the only song I liked. But there are many memorable songs sung by Manna Dey, Hemant Kumar and the well known classical singer Amir Khan. The reason for my liking only Rafi's song was, I could not understand the classical and semi classical nuances at that young age.

How may understand classical and semi classical,but they enjoy all songs. Pucho Na Kaise Maine Rain Betai, is one typical classical song of Manna Dey but I enjoyed this song.

True. I watched Shabab at a very young age of 12, in Hyderabad along with my father. Out of all the songs in Shabab, I liked Rafi's song 'Mehlon me Rahane Wale, because the song was simple with less classical tinge.

With age, I developed a liking towards classical and semi classical songs. For example I immensely liked, Bade Ghulam Ali Khan's 'Shubh Din Aayo Raj Dulara' from Mughale Azam.

It happen with every one. In my childhood I didn't song of Mukeh because most of songs of Mukesh are sad song, like it didn't like Raj Kapoor because of his mustache,

Most youngsters prefer Mohammad Rafi and Kishore Kumars voice because they have a universal appeal...Mukesh has a nasal voice but nevertheless very attractive and he has sung some of the most loved songs of those times. One cannot imagine anyone else other than Mukesh singing mera jhoota hai japani or kisike muskurahaton pe ho nisar or bhool gaye kyon dekhe sahara , 

Yes I was feel it when I was 15 year old that Mukes is jenious singer. Ye Dil Hai Mohbat Ka Pyasa, is my favorat song. 

There are some very nice duets Rafi and Mukesh have sung together, I can remember a few..

Dil ne phir yaad kiya..

Mat poochiy dil hai Kahan hum matwale naujawan

Ramaiya vastavaiya

Saat ajooba is duniya mein 

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:

There are some very nice duets Rafi and Mukesh have sung together, I can remember a few..

Dil ne phir yaad kiya..

Mat poochiy dil hai Kahan hum matwale naujawan

Ramaiya vastavaiya

Saat ajooba is duniya mein

Dil  ne Phir Yaad no doubt a beautiful song.

Rafi rendered many memorable songs in Dosti.

Choong main Tujhe...

Jaanewaaalele Zara are some of them

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.